Old 07-14-2014, 05:01 PM   #15

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampyTime View Post
Hi All,
Carol, I went to West Marune today and picked up the 3M restorer. Worked like a charm with a little elbow grease!
Glad it worked. I carry a bottle of it in the trailer - takes off the worst of bug blood stains as well. Actually haven't found anything yet it will not take off. I like it as it not only takes the stain off but also protects the spot with wax as well.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:29 PM   #16

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
Snugging that baby right up to the trailer wall right now and .zero play. I like it! Till I get the felt I won't worry - that 3M restorer rocks! I agree: that tire needs to be tight to minimize stress in area. As usual, you strike agAin with sound advice Carol!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Old 07-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #17

Name: Dan
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Mine is the same way; since it is hidden by the spare tire, I don't worry about it.

-- Dan Meyer
Old 07-16-2014, 08:29 PM   #18

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
When I pulled the old spare off my 1988 Scamp during the rebuild and axle swap I noticed a circle cut into the fiberglass of the trailer. It bothered me at the time but then I moved on to other issues and actually enjoying the trailer and forgot about it, until this thread that is.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:39 PM   #19

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
Over time the black of the tire will bleed through the tire cover. One solution is saran plastic wrap or those bags dry cleaners use wrapped around the tire to keep the rubber stain off the tire cover, might that not also keep the stain off of the camper?

Came up for me when after 1 season my new tire cover was showing a brown stain in the exact same pattern as the tire tread.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:54 AM   #20

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
Geez! I'm sorry to be the bearer of evil tidings! I'm too curious for my own good perhaps. Earlier in this thread Carol let me know about 3M fiberglass restorer and wax. I picked it up at west marine and it did a great job of cleaning the tire ring.

Had I not posted I would have left the tire about a 1/2 inch away from the trailer wall and I've learned that's not good for flexing and stress. My friend suggested it and I observed a lot of play in the tire that way.

My plan each year for normal maintenance is to take tire off to check for inflation. And then clean the "bathtub ring" as I am now affectionately calling it!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV