Speakers In Scamp 13 ? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #15
Name: Paul
Trailer: Vixen Motor Coach
yep, Roy is correct. i am getting ready to move and decided since we will likely rent a house and not another shoebox - err - i mean, condo ... that my Sony DAV-IS10 micro-speaker theater system wont be needed. so the plan is to use it in my UHaul Ct 13'.

they make the small Bose cubes look like behemoths (they are literally golf ball sized). mine are already a couple of years old but they put out 50 watts and i doubt you will need more when watching movies etc. (at least your camping neighbors will agree!). the receiver is about the footprint of a mac mini which is also nice and compact and the only thing of size is the sub-woofer. however, its thin (yet tall). i plan to stash it in my cabinet - which i honestly think would be worth the real estate. it also comes with a dedicated ipod/iphone dock which will play and recharge simultaneously.

i was planning to eventually router out small openings in the overhead cabinets i would like to build/buy (much like Roy's) and flush mount the speakers pointing down. i think it would be a really elegant touch, almost invisible, yet still give you nice clear sound. this way i will be able to enjoy my multimedia, music, and dvds unobtrusively.

the rub is - they arent cheap, but i got a steal of deal on mine (Circuit City was closing down + it was open-box = half off!). so if money is an object, then perhaps computer speakers will work just fine, but you might find this system on eBay for a deal as well (people like the size but complain that they dont shatter their windows and often re-sell, but again i think for a 13' these are perfect. I cant max out the sound in my condo without scaring the neighbors).

and no i dont work for Sony, i just found this set cuz it fit our teeny-tiny condo. so there's my tupence. either way i hope you find what your are looking for!

DAV-IS10 | BRAVIAŽ Theater Micro System - black speakers | Sony | SonyStyle USA
Attached Thumbnails

Paul Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:20 PM   #16
Name: Todd
we use an iPod dock but if I was to install speakers I would go with powered PC speakers. You can get a nice satellite/sub system for under $100 that can then plug into any headphone jack. Many also have additional inputs for use with things like optical and rca connections....

The iPod dock is nice because it's battery powered for 6+ hours and then charges the iPod when plugged in.

Nor_Cal_Todd is offline   Reply With Quote

audio, scamp, speakers