Spirit Deluxe versus Freedom Delux - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-18-2009, 02:55 AM   #1
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We're going to order a Casita in the coming months. Trying to decide among models and floor plans, I would appreciate some pro and con feedback re. the following:

Glenn Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:30 AM   #2
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
Glenn, each person that owns a particular model is going to be positively biased toward the one they decided to purchase.

The factors that led us to the Spirit is the storage aspect. The Casitas have limited storage and giving up a couple of square feet for two very small captains chairs, one of which protrudes into the aisle, made it an easy decision after we saw each unit in person.

We ordered the five inch cushions and find them to be very comfortable seating. The back cushion on the rear/back side of the dinette can be turned or placed against the side wall, vs the bulkhead and allows you to sit in a side or cross position enabling two or both individuals seated at the dinette to easily view a television mounted in the rear corner of the large dinette or sleeping area. Casita intentionally made the back cushions two different sizes to allow the placement flexibility.

We spend most of our time outside and do not find the Spirit to be lacking in seating comfort versus the time spent inside. The Spirit is the choice of over 60+% of the Casita buyers. My second choice would be the Liberty vs the Freedom. The Liberty is a really a flexible floor plan unit, without the loss of storage of the Freedom in my opinion.

Martin D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:45 AM   #3
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Glenn, I see according to your profile you're in Oregon. ( from a fella Oregonian). There's going to be a gathering of eggs coming up in October. That would be a prime time to see with your own eyes and talk with owners of not only Casitas, but other brands as well. Nothing beats seeing something up close and personal to help make the right decision. Come and take some tours!

Northern Oregon Gathering - Fall Event
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:26 AM   #4
Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Glen Wolfe... Oregon is close to B.C. Canada and Escape Trailers is In B.C. which is much closer than Texas. Just thought you could experience the wonders of ESCAPE???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:10 AM   #5
Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
As a Freedom owner, I have to agree with Martin, Spirit is the way to go; more comfortable seating and more storage.

You can also get an outside shower if that rings your chimes.

I also have to agree with Alf, check out Escape before you commit.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
Name: William
Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
If I could afford new I would definitely check out the Escape, I met Rease at the Oregon rally in 2006 and got to see his product and was very impressed with the Escape's workmanship and Rease's attitude. He really wanted to meet people's need for a functional layout and his attention to detail is unmatched. Don't get me wrong, I own a Casita Spirit Deluxe and love it but, if I was putting out that kind of moula I would at least give the Escape a shot
Love being Inneggsile
heading sloowly up the eastcoast to our next 2 month (Aug and Sept) camp hosting gig at Camden Hills State Park in Maine
Bill MacDermod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
Trailer: Escape 5.0
We're going to order a Casita in the coming months. Trying to decide among models and floor plans, I would appreciate some pro and con feedback re. the following:
Hi Glenn,
We had a '05 Freedom Deluxe (17 ft) and loved our Casita!!! But, I'd have to agree with Martin, I would have traded it for a Spirit. The captain chair/table layout took up too much space, and cost storage (already minimal). You could also use the table in the Spirit for a kids bed.
Donna has the idea, since you are so close, I'd take in the Oregon Rally and see all the trailers (Scamp, Casita, Boler, etc), their set up, quality, and hear from their owners.
Then I'd have to agree with Alf and Bill, look at the Escape before you buy!!!!!!! It's a gem! We sold our Casita last fall, and got our Escape 5.0 this spring, and it's everything we imagined. Check it out.
Dan Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #8
Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
We have the Freedm and ae very satisfied. Wile the captain's chairs are indeed smallish, we find then very comfortable. we are OK without the additional storage. We thought about the outside shower but would not really use it anyway. One of the advantage of the Freedom, is if you have guests, they have to sleep in the tent. There is not extra room in the inn (except for the dog of course).

The Oregon gathering is a great opportunity. We have not been there and cannot make it this year but have met some of the folks. We will be coming down the coast highway and returing via I5 in Sept and Oct and would be happy to meet you somewhere to show off.

Dave Fish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:42 AM   #9
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Glenn Wolfe here thanking all of you for great answers and information to our inquiry. I have contacted the Escape company so we can evaluate their unit as well. Thanks again. Glenn

Glenn Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote