Spot on trailer to test for level? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-04-2015, 12:04 PM   #29
Name: Lyle
Trailer: '95 17ft Bigfoot
British Columbia
One app is simply called "Bubble Level" by Antoine Vianey and the other is
"Best Level Bubble Level" by Codifie, inc both are free apps in android playstore. Neither one has any popups on my Tablet. Another app called "Bubble Level-Spirit Level" I just tried and it has annoying popups ads when you try and exit so I garbaged that one.
BTW, if our trailer is sitting high on the left hand side meaning opposite the door I always try to dig that side down with a shovel to level the trailer rather than blocking up the other (door)side. I know you can't always do it but in the country we camp in it's usually possible. By doing this it keeps the step closer to the ground rather than it being raised a couple of inches with blocking. And yes we always pull ahead and fill the divot before we leave.

stillwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 12:43 PM   #30
Commercial Member
Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
While the efficiency of the fridge is best when perfectly level, the Domentic specification states that the fridge should be level within 7 degrees. To get a feel for what this angle is, if you take a regular old piece of paper (8.5 inches wide) held vertical, and rotate it on one corner, when the other bottom corner is 1 inch off the surface it's at 7 degrees.

Pic is my digital protractor used to create odd angles for my products opened to 7 degrees .
Attached Thumbnails

Charlie Y

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design:
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 01:09 PM   #31
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
Can you please post the exact Dometic source and date of publication for that number... I have never seen it and would like to have the reference for future use.

That said, it would only apply to Dometic Refrigerators with the late boiler design, identified by having a curved boiler cover.

Those with the older style boilers, identified by having a square boiler cover, would not tolerated being operated that far out of level. The early units were even shipped with a bull's-eye level to assure proper leveling.

Here is a Dometic Publication explaining the differences:
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 05:13 PM   #32
Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Mine is simply "iHandy Level".

Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote