Spray on bed liner - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #29

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
PS to last: I see that I had posted much earlier about this topic, and it is indeed Line-X™ that is available here locally. It is apparently about on par with the "Rhino-type" product and definitely falls in the "have it done" rather than the DIY category. I have the attitude that "a man ought to know his limitations" (with proper tip or the hat to Dirty Harry) and feel like having this material applied by the pros is probably what I would want to do if it were needed at all. YMMV!

Old 10-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #30

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Does LineX = RhinoLiner ????

Don't know if that's true, but I just sold my 2003 GMC Sonoma that I had RhinoLiner sprayed into a week after I bought it new, and the buyer thought that it still looked like new..... Never a problem after 10 years. All I ever did was use the Rhinoliner cleaner product about 3 times in those 10 years.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #31

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
You will notice that I said "apparently about on par" in my post... I don't have access to the Rhino™ product here, but folks around here are getting results similar to those you describe from Line-X™ which is part of a national chain of dealers. I think the key is that these products are both put on in a much heavier coat than is possible with DIY products from a rattle can, with at least the Line-X™ being at high temperature. I'm going to guess that there won't be a lot of difference between the performance for our application of Line-X™ or the Rhino™ coatings professionally applied. JMHO, YMMV.

Froggie
Old 10-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #32

Name: felix
Trailer: 82 burro 13 "PookaBurro"
Oregon
I was going to use Monstaliner - Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner outperforms Herculiner Bed Liner, Duplicolor and Rustoleum Road Warrior - a do-it-yourself product. It doesn't use ground-up rubber in it, so the surface, while it is not smooth, appears to not have a 'tooth' to it that will catch a lot of dirt.

Kind spendy, noxious and tedious to apply, but I expect to do it soon. I want to make a whole front-end 'mask' to protect against rock chips, and do the rear wheel whells and lower side panels too.

Too many tasks!
Old 10-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #33

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to Night Sailor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
PS to last: I see that I had posted much earlier about this topic, and it is indeed Line-X that is available here locally. It is apparently about on par with the "Rhino-type" product and definitely falls in the "have it done" rather than the DIY category. I have the attitude that "a man ought to know his limitations" (with proper tip or the hat to Dirty Harry) and feel like having this material applied by the pros is probably what I would want to do if it were needed at all. YMMV!
I priced out getting my pickup bed done. It was $750 plus tax.

I did sprayed it myself in a few hours. Very easy job. Just lightly sand it to rough up the surface. I sanded it thoroughly, washed it, masked it off with cheap plastic sheeting, and sprayed it. Cost was $114 and included a spray gun.

Anyone could do this.

I plan to pull the carpet and seats in my Volvo and spray the interior for rust protection. I am thinking about spraying parts of the exterior of my excavator to pretty it up a bit. It is a fantastic product. It can be colored with any automotive tint. It works well on the interior or aluminum boats; there are many applications.