Stabilizer Jacks - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2010, 08:46 AM   #21

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I use four screw-jacks. I find that it sure makes it a lot quicker and easier to level out the trailer as opposed to "trial and error" of stacking different combinations of blocks under the wheels and driving on and off several times to get it right. I also bring along a cordless drill, which I can use both for drilling if needed, but also to run the jacks up and down quickly. I can set up and level out in under three minutes, without rushing to do it. They do add a little weight, although this is pretty negligible, and they do take up some space in my pick-up's bed, but it's worth it to me for the convenience they provide. They are also handy for jacking if you need to change a tire on either the trailer or the TV. Just my two cents worth. One caveat, just be sure to place them under the reinforced areas of the frame so as not to distort or warp the frame channels.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:39 PM   #22

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
I, too, had installed a pair of the BAL Telescopic Trailer Stabilizers on the Front of my Bigfoot 21RB. It came with a pair on the back, and I added the front ones. Loved them and used a cordless drill with a 3/4 inch socket adapted and spin those babies up and down as needed. Sure beats crawling around under the trailer with those tripod thingys. I know some young Pups, like Raya, don't have any problems, buy my knees and other parts don't like all that crawling around.

I just got 2 sets of the BAL 20 inch ones and will put them on mjy 2006 Casita as soon as the stupid rain stops. Here's a link that shows them, but I bought mine at Camping World last Saturday as they were on sale with the President's CLub Card, which I have for the moment. A little over $200 for the pair. If I had ordered them they would have been more, with the shipping, even though I wouldn't have had to pay Sales Tax.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-jack...eling-jacks.htm

This is a good place to order things like this if you need to.

EKW
Well, I hate it when I'm stupid! I feel so embarrassed about all my "pontificating", or "Bloviating" as O'Reilly would say.

Today, I got my trailer from storage, backed it up in the driveway, got all my tools, pieces and parts together and not a blasted thing would fit or work right. I had ordered an UltraFab Odyssey 3000 power tongue jack, installed it and went to open the Tahoe door (Barn Doors type) and the door hits the BIG Head on the Odyssey. Well, that won't work so I'll sell it or send it back and get the UF Jack with the old-style Smaller Head. I'll sell this jack for $130 plus some negotiable shipping, if anyone is interested. Just send me a PM. It's a factory rebuilt unit with a 1 yr warranty.

Then, I said to myself, "self, go put the BAL Telescoping stabilizers on anyway". THEY ARE TOO WIDE FOR THE CASITA!!!!!!!!!!!!. I could have cut the rear one down and made it work, but the front has to be 36 inches wide to mount and you can't cut them down that much. So, back to Camping World I will go next week and return them.

Maybe I'll look at the ones Donna D likes.

Now, I'm showered, shaved, all good smelling and I'm going to go next door and help my neighbor finish smoking our ribs and help him drink his Beer.

Murphy lives!!!! Happy Fathers Day to all.

EKW
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote