I really like the telescopic stablizers that came on my Scamp
. Make set up, which includes getting things level quite easy. I think I saw mention of the method I use somewhere on here, maybe pre hack. Here's my method, or ...
1. Place chocks around the high side wheel.
2. Place BAL leveler under the low side wheel
3. Lower tongue jack and unhook. Get TV out of the way.
4. Raise BAL leveler until side to side is level.
5. lower tongue jack until nose is down close to a bubble's worth.
6. lower stablizers and extend to contact with the ground.
7. Raise tongue jack to level fore/aft.
8. Enjoy the rest of the evening.
The BAL leveler serves tripple duty. It raises easily the low side to level, it provides a great chock for the low side wheel, and it helps stabilize the trailer.
I carry a set of "lego" leveling block too. I've had to use them a couple time when the ground was a bit soft under the stablizers. Once I had to raise the whole trailer because the spot sloped enough that I didn't have enough room on the tongue jack to get it low enough. That on was a bit tricky, I leveled side to side while still attached to keep the trailer from going down the hill. Would not have been good.