Summerizing your trailer - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #15

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
After two years of messing around with our Dometic 211 fridge, we went over to St Thomas last week and had an RV dealer replace it with a brand new one. $$$$$ but now we have something that we can use this summer for more than just storage.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:04 AM   #16

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Gee Alf was it a late thaw on your side of the country???
First trip of the year was a month ago here! Already had our spring meet as well. My must haves in the trailer are: wine and water in that order.

All the bedding and towels etc - stay in the trailer year round - only come out for washing. I do put them into big zip bags in the winter time though. Camping supplies such as chairs, table, bq, fire pit, portable stove etc, flash lights, beach shoes, all kitchen ware, first aid kit, small tool box and spare parts box etc all stay in the trailer year round. The only things that I need to put back in the spring are all my food basics such as seasonings, sugar, spices, rice, soups, etc. - once in, they stay there until I put it to bed for the winter.

Only things I have to do/add for a trip are clothing, fresh food, a couple of new DVD's and a good book. Oh yea and recheck the wine supply!

Old 05-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #17

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
Thats the beauty of this fleece.
It too is a single bag but I use 2 of them zipped together and then use inside my 2 heavy bags zipped together.

This weekend I used just the fleece on Thursday and was on top of the bottom heavy bag but Friday and Saturday it got cold so I plopped the heavy top on top and was all snug inside.
So this fleece liner has a zipper?
Old 05-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #18

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
So this fleece liner has a zipper?
Oh Yeah,they are just light fleece sleeping bags and zip together like any a lot of bags.

Therein is the beauty of them in the system.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #19

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: james kent...What brand, 2 or 3way, and how was the fit??? So now you'll have a real fridge!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 05-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #20

Ontario
Hi Alf
We replaced the old Dometic 211 with a Dometic 2193. It's also a three-way but is slightly larger front-to-back. It sticks out about an inch further than the old one did but the people at Gammon's did a great job making a new flange and fitting it into place. BTW, It was only there for a few hours while they worked on it but a couple of different people saw the trailer waaay back in his back shop and stopped in to try and make a deal.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:47 AM   #21

Ontario
I took our old table and removed the broken, and some missing, vinyl edging and recut and retrimed it with maple. After a couple of coats of brown paint I made a copy of the name from a file found on the forum and painted the name on it. Then it received three coats of marine spar varnish sprayed onto it to protect it from the elements. I just have to replace the hardware and it's ready to go back into service on the Outside of the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
054 (1280x853).jpg  
Old 05-19-2011, 09:41 AM   #22

Name: Darnelle
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Minnesota
One reason we bought a hard-sided camper was so all our gear could stay put and be ready to go. Modifications are made so when I open a door or drawer I can put my hands on the item I want without moving other items. About the only things we pack per trip are: food, fresh water, clothes, special needs like meds, dvds, book, toys. Oh, and perhaps a bottle of wine and a beer or two!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #23

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / 2002 Honda Odyssey
Alf,

My favourite "non-essential" camping essential piece of gear is a hammock, after a good meal, a beverage and some time in the afternoon sun, kicking back in the hammock is instant relaxation.

Kevin