Table conversion - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2003, 08:07 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Table conversion

Has any one tried any mods for the two post table to bed setup?:conf I have a Casita SD and have been working on an idea for moving the table up and down without detaching the posts , maybe eliminating them altogether. No use reinventing the wheel if its already been done?

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 07:48 AM   #2

Edward, in our 17 foot Liberty Deluxe, we just leave the rear table, permanently lowered into the bed mode.

I don't even carry the two table posts with us. (In fact, I don't even know where I put the two posts ... they gotta be around here somewhere.)

I know that many folks with other models also leave the rear table in a permanent bed mode.

Of course, if you want to seat 6 for dinner, you need to carry the two table posts for the large table.:)

Old 07-29-2003, 08:11 AM   #3

Rear table

Charles,

I agree we leave the rear table down too. But we have been hauling the legs around with us. I don't know why I have kept them in the trailer. They have made their last trip.

Edward,

Someone I was talking to had a Freedom and thought it would be nice to hinge the side table to the side wall. That way the chairs could turn around further. Then you could turn the rear one around and use the bed to rest your legs on. Almost like a recliner, to watch TV.

I thought you may as well lay on the bed and watch the TV.

Old 07-29-2003, 09:35 AM   #4

Rear Table

:wave
Was just wondering, since most of us leave the big table down in the bed position, if we could shorten the legs for support as I've heard lots of comments about the big board sagging after time and usage? Has anyone tried this concept?:shg

Old 07-29-2003, 11:02 AM   #5

Table legs

Gerald and Ruth,

Yes that would support the center of the bed better. I thought about doing that but I glued on support boards instead. But if you cut the legs then you couldn't use them for a table. Why don't you cut a couple of PVC pipe to the length that you want and save the legs for use as a table. You never know when you may want to use it as a table.

Old 07-29-2003, 11:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Orginally posted by Gerald and Ruth Whitfield

:wave

Was just wondering, since most of us leave the big table down in the bed position, if we could shorten the legs for support as I've heard lots of comments about the big board sagging after time and usage? Has anyone tried this concept?:shg
Eat fewer donuts? (I know, I can't stop either)

Old 07-29-2003, 08:38 PM   #7

support legs

:o momma wouldn't put up with losing all the storage space by having legs under the table,we'd have to use smaller containers to slide under there. If mine sags i'll make a new one from 3/4 plywood and keep on eating the donuts. There are some things that can't be sacrificed:r :wave happy camping, Bill and Karen