Television Needed - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #15

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Jane P... Sorry this isn't going to be much help. We bought our rig used and all the work inside the wall was done by Escape Trailers. As far as I know instead of just the regular 1X2" framing and paneling the area for the base of the wall mount was done with 3/4" plywood inside the wall...possibly the whole wall??? What I do know is that my local Airstream dealer told me it was a $500. value. We got the trailer with the arm attached but w/out a TV so all I had to do was screw the plate to the back of the TV and mount it to the wall. The gate lock is a cabinet grade sliding lock about 4" long and holds the TV very securely...6000mi. and still there!!! More pic's to follow.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
wall_flower.jpg   ready_to_tow.jpg  

Old 05-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #16

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Florida
Registry
The op indicated that he has a U-haul.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:29 AM   #17

Ontario
Registry
Hi: Jane P... Here are a couple of pic's of the sliding lock used to hold the TV in place during towing.
Attached Thumbnails
gatelock_closed.jpg   gatelock_open.jpg  

Old 05-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #18

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry

Alf what brand/type of mount is it you have. I am in the market for the perfect one. LOL
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #19

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Florida
Registry
This site for 12 volt tv's and other appliances was recommended on a sailing forum.
http://www.12volt-travel.com/12-volt...ons-c-684.html

They have a nice selection of small tv's. (I've not purchased anything from them.)
Sherry
Old 05-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #20

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Vizio has a newer line of LED LCD panels out that are very thin and light and all run on 12vdc too!
They have a transformer as supplied but would be fairly simple to mod to run directly on 12v.
They have them at Sams and they have been calling to me.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #21

Ontario
Registry
Hi: Carol H... It is far from perfect... but is overkill to say the least. It will hold up to a 40" TV & up to 40kg. 88lb Here Vector LCD 554C model. Purchased by either Escape Trailers or the previous owners.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:46 PM   #22

Trailer: Hunter Compact II
I have the 15 inch Craig tv that CVS has on sale for 99.00 and the ac adapter says 12volts so it won't be hard to find a plug to run it on dc. I haven't used it without hookups so far so haven't wired the plug for 12 yet.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #23

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Vizio has a newer line of LED LCD panels out that are very thin and light and all run on 12vdc too!
They have a transformer as supplied but would be fairly simple to mod to run directly on 12v.
They have them at Sams and they have been calling to me.
Caution; many LCD TVs that run on 12V with a transformer power supply have 4-6 pairs of power supply wires in the cable which are fine enough that the cord appears to be only one pair until you cut into it.
I'm not sure about the particular Vizio model to which you refer. Inspect the cord carefully before proceeding. I use a 300W tru-sine inverter to power mine and it also supplies 110V power for my DVD player and other 110V items.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:54 AM   #24

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Quote:
Caution; many LCD TVs that run on 12V with a transformer power supply have 4-6 pairs of power supply wires in the cable which are fine enough that the cord appears to be only one pair until you cut into it.
I'm not sure about the particular Vizio model to which you refer. Inspect the cord carefully before proceeding. I use a 300W tru-sine inverter to power mine and it also supplies 110V power for my DVD player and other 110V items.

Good point Floyd.
It should be simple to tell thoug by looking at the connector itself?
The Vizio has 2 conductors on the cable so no matter how many are inside it they terminate to those 2.

I have seen other ones as you suggest that have 4 conductor connectors and those I would be careful of......although many of them merely appear to have 4 but only use 2 for some reason.

Ed
Old 05-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #25

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Quote:
This site for 12 volt tv's and other appliances was recommended on a sailing forum.

They have a nice selection of small tv's. (I've not purchased anything from them.)
Sherry
I have an purchased the one below. It comes with 2 power supply cables, one for 12v (Wal wart) and a direct 12v cable with standard ciggy lighter end. Its a very easy set up. I have always had mine on a table etc, but the bottom and back do pop off easily to fit to a swing arm.

I am very happy with the tv.

Skyworth 15.5" LCD TV ac/dc
Old 05-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #26

Name: Pete
Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Tennessee
We use a 19" flat screen AC only. Mounting:
we have a swing arm bolted thru the bunk side of the closet wall on the Burro. I decided to go with overkill and backed it up with a 4 ft piece of 2 x 4. I swing it toward the wall and bungie cord the arm to the rear shelf area for travel. So far so good. Nice and solid when traveling and can swing the screen 90 degrees to face the dinette up front or face the bed.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #27

Name: Matt
Trailer: U-Haul VT16, Escape 19
California
Registry
Quote:
I have the 15 inch Craig tv that CVS has on sale for 99.00 and the ac adapter says 12volts so it won't be hard to find a plug to run it on dc. I haven't used it without hookups so far so haven't wired the plug for 12 yet.
I have a small undercounter TV with DVD/am/fm. It also has a 12vdc wall wart adapter, so iam sure it would be fine at 12v, but I don't know about the 13.3v nominal battery voltage, or it could see 14.5 during charge cycles.

Regards,

Matt
Old 05-10-2010, 02:49 PM   #28

Name: Ulysse
Trailer: 1976 Triple E Surfside
Quote:
http://www.12volt-travel.com/12-volt...ons-c-684.html

Sherry
Hey,thanks for the link.
Been reading about t,v/dvd combos,
and decided to order the 13" for the cool/wet days ,where maybe you just don,t want to be outdoors.
Also got ther 12V hair dryer for my wife.