Television Needed - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #21

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Carol H... It is far from perfect... but is overkill to say the least. It will hold up to a 40" TV & up to 40kg. 88lb Here Vector LCD 554C model. Purchased by either Escape Trailers or the previous owners.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #22

Trailer: Hunter Compact II
I have the 15 inch Craig tv that CVS has on sale for 99.00 and the ac adapter says 12volts so it won't be hard to find a plug to run it on dc. I haven't used it without hookups so far so haven't wired the plug for 12 yet.
Mike Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #23

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Vizio has a newer line of LED LCD panels out that are very thin and light and all run on 12vdc too!
They have a transformer as supplied but would be fairly simple to mod to run directly on 12v.
They have them at Sams and they have been calling to me.
Caution; many LCD TVs that run on 12V with a transformer power supply have 4-6 pairs of power supply wires in the cable which are fine enough that the cord appears to be only one pair until you cut into it.
I'm not sure about the particular Vizio model to which you refer. Inspect the cord carefully before proceeding. I use a 300W tru-sine inverter to power mine and it also supplies 110V power for my DVD player and other 110V items.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:54 AM   #24

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Caution; many LCD TVs that run on 12V with a transformer power supply have 4-6 pairs of power supply wires in the cable which are fine enough that the cord appears to be only one pair until you cut into it.
I'm not sure about the particular Vizio model to which you refer. Inspect the cord carefully before proceeding. I use a 300W tru-sine inverter to power mine and it also supplies 110V power for my DVD player and other 110V items.

Good point Floyd.
It should be simple to tell thoug by looking at the connector itself?
The Vizio has 2 conductors on the cable so no matter how many are inside it they terminate to those 2.

I have seen other ones as you suggest that have 4 conductor connectors and those I would be careful of......although many of them merely appear to have 4 but only use 2 for some reason.

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #25

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Quote:
This site for 12 volt tv's and other appliances was recommended on a sailing forum.

They have a nice selection of small tv's. (I've not purchased anything from them.)
Sherry
I have an purchased the one below. It comes with 2 power supply cables, one for 12v (Wal wart) and a direct 12v cable with standard ciggy lighter end. Its a very easy set up. I have always had mine on a table etc, but the bottom and back do pop off easily to fit to a swing arm.

I am very happy with the tv.

Skyworth 15.5" LCD TV ac/dc
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:43 PM   #26

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
We use a 19" flat screen AC only. Mounting:
we have a swing arm bolted thru the bunk side of the closet wall on the Burro. I decided to go with overkill and backed it up with a 4 ft piece of 2 x 4. I swing it toward the wall and bungie cord the arm to the rear shelf area for travel. So far so good. Nice and solid when traveling and can swing the screen 90 degrees to face the dinette up front or face the bed.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #27

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Quote:
I have the 15 inch Craig tv that CVS has on sale for 99.00 and the ac adapter says 12volts so it won't be hard to find a plug to run it on dc. I haven't used it without hookups so far so haven't wired the plug for 12 yet.
I have a small undercounter TV with DVD/am/fm. It also has a 12vdc wall wart adapter, so iam sure it would be fine at 12v, but I don't know about the 13.3v nominal battery voltage, or it could see 14.5 during charge cycles.

Regards,

Matt
Old 05-10-2010, 01:49 PM   #28

Trailer: 1976 Tripple E Surfside
Quote:
This site for 12 volt tv's and other appliances was recommended on a sailing forum.
http://www.12volt-travel.com/12-volt...ons-c-684.html

They have a nice selection of small tv's. (I've not purchased anything from them.)
Sherry
Hey,thanks for the link.
Been reading about t,v/dvd combos,
and decided to order the 13" for the cool/wet days ,where maybe you just don,t want to be outdoors.
Also got ther 12V hair dryer for my wife.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #29

Name: Michael
Trailer: 2011 Casita SD
Texas
AC/DC TV's

There are a lot of small flat screened televisions that are not advertised as AC/DC but if you do a little investigating on your own and look at the back of the tv in some showrooms such as Sam's Clubs you will see that some have the standard two wire lamp cord connector that goes directly into the TV;s. These are AC only. Others have a "brick" converter at the plug end and a push end connector to the tv. Most I have found convert the power to the TV to 12 Volt. If you can get to the "brick" it will have the output voltage listed.
Michael Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #30

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
i like the laptop with the tuneer idea best myself. plus so many places nowdays have wifi its easy to connect to the internet.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #31

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
A simple solution is to buy an AC TV and a small cigarette lighter Inverter, we have two 100 watt units.

Today's small TV's draw about the wattage of 12 volt trailer light fixture plus it's handy have a little Inverter around. We sometimes use it to run our computer in the tow vehicle, charge are phones, .......

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #32

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I just bought a Jensen 15" LED 12 volt TV and the picture is phenomenal. It also has front speakers and front controls. Here is the one Jensen 15 Led Tv 12vdc - Je1512led - - by Jensen - Jensen 15 Led Tv Part Je1512led Features 12 Vdc
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #33

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Scamp has Arrived - Layout 7
Minnesota
Need a small, capable television?

We bought this one a week ago for $79.99. The reviews were very good and we and have been quite impressed. It has just about every input and output you might want. It's extremely light. The package contains a 110 to 12 volt converter, a 12 volt cigarette lighter plug, remote, and an HDMI cable. You can also use it as a computer monitor - nice if you have a small-screened netbook. No idea how long the sale price will last.

Seiki Digital Inc. TV between $50.00 and $99.99 at TigerDirect.com

And here's a good price on an under-cabinet mount.

http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Unde.../dp/B00153U1Z0

This was in inexpensive solution to the desire for a 12V TV and, since I can use it as a monitor also, I won't have to replace my netbook with a new laptop computer.

p.p. Don't forget... if you don't have one already you will need an antenna. There are threads on the forum that discuss antennas.

Dan
Dan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #34

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
I picked up one of these Today too down in South Florida and it is a newer version of the $99.00 one sold thru WalMart online.
This newer one has 2 HDMI inputs and no SVHS input like the former model and it does indeed come with an HDMI cable and 12vdc lighter plug in the box.

I have had several of these and they are nice for the price for sure.
Not great except for the price but not too pricey to be disposable either?

This thing is OEM manufactured and I have owned it as a Coby,Viore, Haier and now a Seiki and I have seen it as many others too.

Tiger Direct is also known as Comp-Usa and both are owned by Systemax.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Jones View Post
Need a small, capable television?

We bought this one a week ago for $79.99. The reviews were very good and we and have been quite impressed. It has just about every input and output you might want. It's extremely light. The package contains a 110 to 12 volt converter, a 12 volt cigarette lighter plug, remote, and an HDMI cable. You can also use it as a computer monitor - nice if you have a small-screened netbook. No idea how long the sale price will last.

Seiki Digital Inc. TV between $50.00 and $99.99 at TigerDirect.com

And here's a good price on an under-cabinet mount.

Amazon.com: VideoSecu Under Cabinet Mount Flip for LCD TV monitor Black LCD-CM 1MS: Electronics

This was in inexpensive solution to the desire for a 12V TV and, since I can use it as a monitor also, I won't have to replace my netbook with a new laptop computer.

p.p. Don't forget... if you don't have one already you will need an antenna. There are threads on the forum that discuss antennas.

Dan
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote