tired of crawling over partner, any suggestions? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2016, 01:17 AM   #41

Name: tony
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB
British Columbia
Look at the Bigfoot 21' trailer

We hassled the same issue in our 2007 Bigfoot 17.5 then decided to sell it and finally located a 2002 Bigfoot 21'. The rear large bed works just great and best of all our 2015 Pathfinder pulls it very smoothly with the weight distribution hitch set up. Find a nice Bigfoot and I think you'll be glad.
ninklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:56 AM   #42

Name: Harvey
Trailer: '84 Scamp 13' & 2001 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Arkansas
I guess it all depends on your outlook (toward your partner, that is). After 56 years together I have NO problem awakening & moving to let her out of bed if she needs to get up. In our Casita 17SD the rear dinette is a permanent bed, she sleeps toward the rear & I sleep on front side. We're so happy to have the inside bath that we haven't given any thought to the inconvenience (if any) of moving to accommodate the other. After years of traveling/camping in our teardrop trailer, & either having a 'potty shelter' with porta potti just outside, or making sure to park near the toilets, the convenience of having the bath in the trailer outweighs any other consideration, in our eyes...
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:00 AM   #43

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
After 45 years of marriage, I haven't yet gotten tired of crawling over my partner or vice-versa.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:44 AM   #44

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
We did our first two week mobile camping trip in Tanzania in 2002. Like you, there was a trek from the tent to the bath tent, which my wife made several times a night. With me of course tagging along carrying the flashlight. Standing outside that tent waiting on my wife to come out is probably the scared-est I have ever been.

What made it even worse is that our guide liked to shine a flash light out into the surrounding area at night when we were sitting around the campfire, so that we could see all of the eyes out in the darkness staring back at us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilda View Post
Necessity is indeed the mother of invention. Ha ha!

Recently, we went on a two-week fairly rugged tent-camping trip to Southern Africa. (No, not in one of those house-size glamping tents with king-size beds and bathrooms!) Our tents were 6'x6'x4', just enough space for two and their gear. After being warned of the LARGE CARNIVOROUS (and elephants) wild animals that are active at night I was mighty scared to go out in the dark to pee in the Western bathroom a walk away. Well upon hearing this, my DH immediately proceeded to use an extra water bottle in the middle of the night. This was not an option for me, however. I made do by “holding it” as long as possible or jumping out as I do when backpacking. I learned to be very fast. When I got back home I was motivated to find out how females might pee in a tent without having a chance of "spillage". This is the "discreet" video I found. Too bad I did not have access to these simple supplies while on our Africa trip. Mind you, I do not suggest this method unless absolutely necessary. I do appreciate my porta-pottie.

Hey, it all worked out for me in Africa and I did not get eaten! I totally recommend a rugged tent-camping trip in Africa as we had amazing experiences, saw amazing creatures, amazing scenery and amazing people.

GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:26 AM   #45

Name: Denny
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Michigan
I built two twin beds in our Lil Snoozy. Both are 36" wide, the side one is 30" in the sofa mode and slides out 6" for sleeping. The sofa arm rests are 6" wide to fill the 6" gap when set up at night.

More here
MCDenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:20 AM   #46

Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft 1984
Lengthwise bed problem solved

PROBLEM SOLVED
Thanks for all the advice, I went with the suggestion to extend the bed and go lengthwise.
Since our Burro is the "ballroom" version (no bathroom), it was easy to extend the bed 16", without blocking anything, giving a RV queen size, about 60" x 72" with a side pocket on the right beyond the closet that the pooches immediately adopted, leaving the rest of the bed to us! I bought a new 4" queen foam mattress and trimmed it to size, and kept our 2" memory foam topper for a permanent set up, which is so comfortable we will never go back.
I can get up in the night now and the wife doesn't even miss a beat in the snoring!

As a result I have a full set of Wide Body Burro rear cushions that are available free to anyone that needs or wants them, in Albuquerque area.
Thanks again FG community!
-Will
Attached Thumbnails
lengthwise.jpg  
Will Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:22 AM   #47

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Congrats, sounds great (esp. with the provision for the pooches) and looks good! Nice to "engineer" a solution, isn't it!?

BEST
Kai in Seattle
Old 10-03-2016, 05:40 PM   #48

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
'So glad you found a great solution for your needs. We all need to modify our FGRVs to meet our individual needs. Our forum family is full of great ideas. Thanks for sharing!
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote