Toilet Seat Hinges - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2016, 03:17 PM   #1

Name: Henry
Trailer: Scamp 2017 16-ft SD / FB
Texas
Toilet Seat Hinges

Somehow I broke my toilet seat hinges on my 16-FT/SD Scamp. I search the internet for a replacement hinges and found many available but what an unreasonable high cost. Called the Dometic Corporate office for help. They said buy a new toilet.

Now I live in Houston TX, the fourth largest city in the US, so one can assume one can find them locally. I was looking for a Lasco Seat Hinge PN 14-1039 in almond. I made about 10 phone calls but no luck.

I was resolved that I must paid the high internet price plus shipping for this $7 - $10 Toilet Seat hinges. As luck would have it, I remembered that the other day I had passed an old fashion country hardware store, they still sell nails by the pound and pipe by the foot, on one of my trips. Found the business card called the hardware. They had had three and sold them 2/package. Cost $9.43 plus gas and 2 hours of my time. The drive was great, the BBQ mouth watering. It was a wonder full afternoon adventure.

The moral of this story is support your local business and the hell with the big box stores

Henry
2010 Scamp 16-FT/SD
Traveling the US of A with over 50,000 miles log in 5-years
Gattopuin64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:15 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I know EXACTLY what you're talking about Henry. Dometic and the rest of these RV companies FAIL at customer service! This spring, one of my hinges failed on my Dometic toilet. The stupid hinges are brittle and crumbly. Hmmm...and the ones in my house last HOW long with daily use???

I'm looking at this seat and I THINK it will fit. If it's just a BIT either way, I'm good with it...plus it's MUCH lighter! $9 + tax or apx $10 for the entire Seat!

Kmart.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gattopuin64 View Post
Somehow I broke my toilet seat hinges on my 16-FT/SD Scamp. I search the internet for a replacement hinges and found many available but what an unreasonable high cost. Called the Dometic Corporate office for help. They said buy a new toilet.

The moral of this story is support your local business and the hell with the big box stores

Henry
2010 Scamp 16-FT/SD
Traveling the US of A with over 50,000 miles log in 5-years
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote