Took our Scamp to the scales today - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-08-2008, 12:53 AM   #15
Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
A new hitch might cost less than a new truck...

Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:07 PM   #16
Trailer: 13 ft Trillium
my humble appologies. I have a freind in the government scales,and he told me they had a load cell that was screwed up so the scale wasn,t reading accurate. and they changed it yesterday. so I took my trailer back down today and it weighs 550 kgs or 1212 lbs not 320 kgs like i said.

Lee Trenholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:58 PM   #17
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Mike I tow a 16; Scamp - Side bathroom with 07 Outback with a 3000lb towing limit.
No problem with towing and braking - in fact the car handles it well and you hardly notice the trailer. Have even towed it during a snow storm. You only really notice the trailer if you push it on the highways. The only issue can be lack of big power on big long hills. I just take it easy and we always get there. We live in the North West and live on the side of a mountain so the hills are hard to avoid. Every so often I think it would be nice to have more power but then I start to think about the price of gas. You do need to watch your tongue weight though as the 16' with a battery and propane tank is getting pretty close to the limit for the Outback.

Thanks for the info. For now I am happy with the 13 footer but I keep thinking about going up to a 16 and may want to do that in the future. Knowing that I would not have to change tow vehicles would make it a much easier decision.

Mikeny is offline   Reply With Quote