Tornado Black Water Tank Flush Kit - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-14-2007, 08:10 AM   #15
Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
Thumbs up

Hi, interesting thread. We are in the buying process and have looked at trailers that have a "black tank rinse" option installed, and some that don't. I take it from this thread that such an option would be good to have? I have had a holding tank on a boat and we just pulled into a pump out station and pumped out the tank (suction from above tank level) or went 5 or 6 miles out in the ocean and pumped it overboard with a macerator pump. I thought draining an RV tank would be fairly simple but obviously there is need to rinse the tank. I think the tank on the trailer we are interested in is not very accessible (bigfoot 21') so do you think the black tank rinse is an important option, or can the job be done adequately via something going down thru the toilet?
thks, Ed

Ed Calkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:35 AM   #16
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Now this is only MY opinion, but I think a whole lot is being made of something that is really pretty simple. I believe most of this discussion is more appropriate for LARGE tanks and big mohos/trailers. I don't use any extra stuff to dump the tank in my trailer, nor extra stuff to clean it out. I use Scotts one-ply t-paper (and only as much is needed to do the job!), I use a powered "digester" purchased from WallyWorld in the tank. I put a 1/2 gallon or so of water in the tank (and the digester) prior to use (to help prevent the dreaded Poop Pyramid). I empty the tank when full and repeat above (as necessary). When I get READY to go camping, I've been known to dump a bag of ice cubes into the tank (through the flapper) and let it scrub the tank clean during highway travels...and dump the tank upon arrival.

Works for me My trailer is a 1988 and has seen a lot of far black water tank problems have never been a concern.

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:07 AM   #17
Trailer: X Casita Owner
I installed the Tornado Tank flusher and my opinion is that the Flush King and the wand type tank rinser works the best.

The one suttle difference between the Flush King and all the other clear elbow back flushers is that the Flush King has the gate valve that lets you completley fill the black tank from the outside. The others have no means of keeping the water from going down the dump hose when adding water.
Attached Thumbnails
Flush_King_b.jpg   Flush_Wand_w_johnny_chock_2.jpg  

Attached Images

Kent is offline   Reply With Quote