Tornado Black Water Tank Flush Kit - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-27-2007, 11:20 AM   #1

Trailer: 1991 Bigfoot 17 ft
Hey Everyone !!!

Has anyone purchased and installed a Tornado black water tank flush kit ?? We we're looking at one last night and we're contemplating spending the big bucks....It was over $200 Canadian but the thought of it made me smile . Nothing is worse than emptying the lav Thanks Mitch

Old 06-27-2007, 11:51 PM   #2

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
I know nothing about them... BUT

I am pretty sure I don't want anything named "Tornado" near where I am sitting.. like that....all vulnerable........

Old 06-27-2007, 11:55 PM   #3

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:

I am pretty sure I don't want anything named "Tornado" near where I am sitting.. like that....all vulnerable........

I am pretty sure I don't want anything to with black water, period.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:56 PM   #4

West Coast USA
Registry
Tornado Rinse Kit

This the one? Looks like it may be a good thing to have.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:00 AM   #5

Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
Quote:
Hey Everyone !!!

Has anyone purchased and installed a Tornado black water tank flush kit ?? We we're looking at one last night and we're contemplating spending the big bucks....It was over $200 Canadian but the thought of it made me smile . Nothing is worse than emptying the lav Thanks Mitch
I got a special pipe type thing that you stick down your toilet.Attach water hose to it and then it sprays and cleans black or grey water holding tanks.Cost about $20 CDN
Old 06-28-2007, 12:23 AM   #6

Quote:

Gina , you crack me up !
Old 06-28-2007, 12:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Tornado Rinse Kit

Nope not that one !!!! Now I gotta go back to the RV store and see if I have the right name... It was definitely over $200 .

Chester, I have that hose thingy already....I'm just trying to avoid having to open the window to get the hose inside..... I ALWAYS make a mess with the hose and spray...

Mitch
Old 06-28-2007, 12:30 AM   #8

West Coast USA
Registry
I have a hose thread on my kitchen faucet and a short hose that goes into the bathroom from there. No windows. I just connect the city water and turn on..

Most times, I don't even do that. I just use the left over fresh water in my tank and kill two (Word that sounds like "birds") with one stone..

so to speak.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:13 AM   #9

Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel / Toyota Tacoma SR5
We have a 4" drain valve with a cover you take of before pulling the slide (standard everyday equipement) But at the rv supply store we purchased a clear see through attachment that slide locks onto that standard drain and has a threaded hose attachment on the top to attach a garden hose and backwash the tank. The clear plastic see through lets you know when clear water is all that is running out of the tank. I sort of wait a few minutes before glancing in that direction if you know what I mean, but it does work well and for small bucks.

Paul
Old 06-28-2007, 11:16 AM   #10

Name: Anne
Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Oregon
Registry
I have the clear thingee - in my case, called the 'Flush King'. Not only is it clear plastic, but there's a hose attachment so that you can backfill your tank and then empty it again (repeating until the water is as clear as you have patience for). It's pretty cool and the fresh water part allows you to clean your stinky tube without worrying about 'splash-back'. I think it was about $45-50 at Camping World.

Being able to fill my black tank from outside is pretty convenient - although you don't get the scrubbing effect that you might from a sprayer.
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:38 PM   #11

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
Tornado Rinse Kit

Even though that's not what Mitch was asking about, I agree that it's an interesting bit of hardware... just hook on a hose and flush clean(er) without going in through the toilet, and presumably more effectively than just filling up from the drain.

This wouldn't work for my B1700, because the black tank is on top of the floor, and thus in the interior with no exposed sides for mounting the fitting... but it would work for an underfloor tank.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:42 PM   #12

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Examples of the clear thing: Flush King at Camping World, RV Hydro-Flush at Camping World. Every RV place seems to have units approximately like this, and to me they seem to cost a lot for what they are.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:46 PM   #13

Trailer: 17 ft Oliver Legacy Elite
Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck-H
Quote:
Examples of the clear thing: Flush King at Camping World, RV Hydro-Flush at Camping World. Every RV place seems to have units approximately like this, and to me they seem to cost a lot for what they are.
We use the Clear Hydro Flush and it seems to work well, easy to hook up and you can leave it running for 5 minutes and re dump and you get clear water. We use a seperate grey hose for obvious reasons...
Old 07-04-2007, 11:10 PM   #14

Okay ! So we we're back at the RV store in the parts area and I couldn't find the thingy that I was talking about....of course the staff that were there were not working tonight....The closest thing they found was a Macerator priced at $295 Canadian. It looked at lot like what I had seen but it was only ( he,he ) $200. It looks like a Sureflow pump that is fitted on the outside of the tank and needs only to have the switch turned to the on position...then it cleans out the tank it less that a couple of minutes....I'll see if the original staff that we're there the night I saw it are in the next time I'm there...GRR ! Hopefully they will remember me and the conversation we had...I'll post when I know.

Thanks for all the suggestions too. I looked at all of the ones people posted .If I don't find this thingy I'm going to buy one of yours !! They all looked like good ideas for such a loisy job

Happy trails all ! Mitch