Tow Stand Plate - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #1

Name: Murphy
Trailer: Scamp 16' Delux
Washington
Tow Stand Plate

Just a quick note.... I was told by the fellow who put my friction sway bar on that it was a good idea to remove the plate on the bottom of the screw down support on the tow bar while you are travelling. Said he had seen way too many come into his shop that had caught on a low driveway and bent back up towards the propane tank. Since it only involves about 10 seconds of work on my part, I have been doing this since he told me. An ounce of prevention.....
Murphy C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
I wasn't sure when I saw the title exactly what part we would be talking about. I think this would normally be called a "tongue jack foot".

Mine never catches on anything... perhaps because the previous owner removed it, presumably after destroying it, judging from the damaged end of the jack leg. A foot (or wheel) won't fit now, so I just put a wood block or plastic stand under the jack leg.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:32 AM   #3

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Things you never think about...

Our Tongue Jack pivots and the bottom plate is permanently attached. As a result it can never catch on a low driveway.

The weakness of this conficuration is that you need to be sure the pivot lock engages when the jack is up or down. WHen up we add a bungee cord to hold it to hte frame as a backup.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote