Trailer chocks and level blocks - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2016, 03:44 PM   #41

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Carol, your driveway sounds like one of the sites we saw at Lake Pleasant. It was a gorgeous, large site with perfect lake views, but sloped front-to-back and side-to-side. The day we left a large, dual axle sticky moved in and was sitting cock-eyed. Apparently they ran out of leveling blocks. The tongue was buried at ground level, wheels on blocks, and there was still a significant tilt on both axes. You sure wouldn't anything to slip there, either- it was downhill into the lake!

At least once you figure out how to level it at home, you'll have 95% of campsites covered!
LOL Not far off in the description of it but an ocean rather than lake view. I did not mention that on the side the trailer needs to hug up against its a 10' drop with only a 3" brick lip stopping it from going over it.

The driveway wasn't really an issue for my Scamp as leads down into a nice flat large carport that the Scamp fits nicely under.... but not the case with the new trailer, so it has to stay out on the driveway.

Dave the original plan was to build a ramp from wood but right after I pulled the new trailer home the decision was made to sell my home of 20+ years. So needed to change my focus to that. Good news is due to the current crazy housing market here it went very fast.... bad news is I need to find a new home...so focus is on that now.... BUT I can tell you one thing the new house will have a NICE BIG flat spot for the trailer and in my perfect world it will be covered as well.

Leaving the big city life behind with all its building restrictions and going onto Island time, so hopefully my dream is not overly unrealistic.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:49 PM   #42

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachO View Post
Ah, so it will work as a jack for tandem axle trailers, but not a level?

Yes, to use it as a jack on the front wheel of a dual axle you would need to put it ahead of the front wheel and pull forward onto it or put it behind the rear wheel & back onto it to lift it.

To level a dual axle you need two Anderson levellers so only the smaller ones will work - stick one behind the rear wheel and one between the rear and front wheel and back her up.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 04:24 PM   #43

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Dave the original plan was to build a ramp from wood but right after I pulled the new trailer home the decision was made to sell my home of 20+ years. So needed to change my focus to that. Good news is due to the current crazy housing market here it went very fast.... bad news is I need to find a new home...so focus is on that now.... BUT I can tell you one thing the new house will have a NICE BIG flat spot for the trailer and in my perfect world it will be covered as well.
Leaving the big city life behind with all its building restrictions and going onto Island time, so hopefully my dream is not overly unrealistic.
You're taking the 2'itis thing up a couple notches . I left the big city 8 years ago and haven't looked back. Dreams can be realistic. Good luck in your search for the "nice big flat spot".
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote