Trailer Valet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Trailer Valet

Has anyone tried this trailer dolly? http://trailervalet.com/shop/

I pull my trailer thru a 180 degree pivot turn to get it out of the parking spot and this looks pretty cool.
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #2

Looks great for up a slope. Thanks for the link.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #3

downloaded the manual looking for how heavy it is but that spec was left blank? Anyone know the weight?

I see under testimonials a Casita owner from
Dawsonville, GA has one.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #4

Name: Maynard and Jacquie
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
downloaded the manual looking for how heavy it is but that spec was left blank? Anyone know the weight?

I see under testimonials a Casita owner from
Dawsonville, GA has one.

That is me from Dawsonville, GA. I do own one and it works very well for me. I have it mounted on the frame of my 17' in front of the propane tanks. I only leave the mount on the frame and remove the mechanism when not needed. My driveway is very small and I use the valet to turn the Casita around and push into the parking spot. Works well on paved area but wheel will lose traction in gravel.

I have a bad back but I am able to navigate with it well but with a few rest stops in the process.
Skytalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #5

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Very cool.
I will be purchasing one come spring.
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #6

Name: Lloyd Wayne
Trailer: currently shopping for egg
Oklahoma
Cool trailer valet 4 lil snoozy

Did you buy the trailer valet, and, if so, did you do a permanent mount?

Inquiring minds and all that. Thanks.
Lloyd Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #7

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
looks interesting, but I guess I don't freak out when it takes me 10 times of backing up till Im lined up perfect to hook up.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:53 AM   #8

Name: Drew
Trailer: Trillium
Alberta
Registry
My alley isn't very wide so I bought a trailer dolly. Very simple to use and it's much faster to just push my trailer into its parking spot. I don't take it camping though, never had many issues with camp sites.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:07 AM   #9

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
Boy I would be taking off the handle and putting on a drive motor and let it crank for me
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #10

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Could probably mount an 18 volt dewalt drill to do the cranking....a friend did something similar on his sailboat winches like that for extra oomph!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #11

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
It weighs 50 lbs and it appears to be made for boat trailers that do not have tongue jacks. Looks too hard and awkward to use on a travel trailer, IMHO.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #12

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Hi Thane,

The trailer valet looks pretty cool but may be more complicated than you need. We simply put a wheel on the base of our trailer tongue and can easily move the trailer when it is on a level surface. (We remove the wheel when we are under way.)

At the Scamp headquarters in Backus, MN they use a very nifty "trailer valet" that has no "bells and whistles" and works very well on a level surface. I suppose, if you are moving the trailer on an incline you might need something like your trailer valet.

Happy Camping!
Gilda
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #13

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
I keep an old wheeled steno chair in our shop for scootin' around on. When I want to move the trailer around in there, I take the chair part off and stick a hitchball on the base.

I can push my trailer around very easily with the tongue on those four casters- of course, that's on level concrete.

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #14

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Thane, I understand a bit of what you're trying to do. I have to back my trailer... at an angle... through a gate to put it into it's spot under a carport. Fortunately, I've learned to back up using mirrors and going slowly to get it within a few inches of where I want to place it. BUT, those final few inches are a PITA.

Are you a member of the CasitaForum? One of the cheapest and best trailer dolly's I've seen is one built by Jack. It uses the trailer's battery. No extra "stuff" needed. Check it out: http://www.casitaforum.com/invboard/...er-dolly-build

I hope this helps
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #15

Thanks for all the feedback and info. I haven't purchased one yet as I temporarily moved the trailer to work so I can have lunch in it everyday.

I am getting the old family Silver Streak motorhome in a couple weeks that I'll use for my lunch room, then I'll bring my trailer home. The motorhome will be good, they only made 40 (or 12 depending on the data source), but I'll never take it camping.

After a couple hernia surgeries last year I decided to definitely buy the valet when I get the trailer home. I am going to mount the brackets and remove the valet when not in use. I'll let you know how it works out.

The manufacturer says it will work just fine on my trailer even though I park on road base (gravel and sand mix) and not asphalt.

It will be nice to do a 180 turn with out using my normal, tow-wheel, trailer dolly. The dolly works fine for a push or turn but the 180 degree pivot turn on the road base is a bit of a work out.
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Name: Tyler
Trailer: Always shopping
California
Hi all. I'm Tyler, a Trailer Valet Rep. I'm here to answer any questions you may have about our product.

Tyler
Trailer_Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote