trailer windage in a blow--Will it stay upright? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-28-2011, 08:56 AM   #15
Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Great to hear everybody and their stuff is okay. Rucio is rubber side down, and the horse trailer cover I use was left largely unmolested by the wind.

My neighborhood is just uphill from the Philadelphia art museum, Boathouse Row, and the Schuylkill river. We walked down to the river at the Waterworks this morning and boy was it high, muddy, and roiling with debris and logs.

And somehow, I don't know why, my basement stayed bone dry. I don't understand but I'll take it.

jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:02 PM   #16
Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
We had a few trees downed. A black walnut about 3 feet off my deck fell away from the house. A 50 foot poplar fell against the 2nd story deck. Branches were brushing the windows, but nothing broke. Spent all day with a chainsaw, pole saw, diesel tractor, and a whole pile of chains to get it off the house. A 100 foot poplar fell on our class A motorhome. I expect it to be a total loss. We also lost two other 100 foot poplars... And another may be damaged beyond repair.

The Scamp is fine, though!

SOLD! - 1984 Scamp 13 in Maryland.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:19 AM   #17
Name: Barrie
Trailer: 13 ft Trillium (sold 1/1/12)
New Brunswick
Well the wind didn't seem too strong here in western NB (Houlton ME/Woodstock N but the power went out just before midnight and no sign of it coming on any time soon. The Trillium weathered the storm perfectly. I filled all the fresh water tanks to add weight for wind stability so I'm good for a while. Isn't it great to have a spare home? Yup!
Barrie Bochoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:24 PM   #18
Name: Maggie
Trailer: 2010 Trillium 13' (California-made)
Here in Vermont, the wind was not the big story ... it was the rain and subsequent flooding. Rivers took out roads and bridges all up & down the state. Irene took a healthy piece outta this land-locked piece of New England.

"Can't get there from here" is an apt adage. The road crews will be busy for the next few weeks ... state and town.

Here t'home, we are at about 1700' and are fine ... no need to go anywhere ... and couldn't get there if we did!

Backing up is not my specialty. Nope.
Maggie R. is offline   Reply With Quote