Trillium 1300 bulbs - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2019, 04:28 AM   #1

Name: Dirk
Trailer: '77 Trilliium 1300
Michigan
Trillium 1300 bulbs

Hello,
I need to know what size bulb the running lights are on a 77 Trillium 1300. Can't seem to figure that out as no markings on them.

Also, what bulb would you recommend for switching the interior lights to LED? I would like them to be nice and bright but not use up so much battery as we boondock a lot.

Thanks. The Trillium and I are off to the Dayton Hamvention. Our first camping trip this year!
kg8jk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:15 AM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Forget bulbs. Just get replacement LED fixtures.

I also bought replacement LED marker lights for the outside of the trailer and removed the guts for the rear lights, and replaced them with LED (still using original lenses).

1977 Trillium LED lights by wrk101, on Flickr

1977 Trillium LED lights by wrk101, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_a72 by wrk101, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_a73 by wrk101, on Flickr
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:05 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
thrifty bill, can you provide the brand and part number for the taillight fixtures that you retrofitted? I'm using three(!!!) 1157 LED bulbs in each taillight fixture and its still not very bright, so I'd like to try your solution.

For the interior lights, I am just using low quality 1156 LED bulbs and am satisfied with this. If I were buying today, I would look for brighter 1156 LED bulbs with a wider voltage range rating, e.g., 10 to 30 volts in order to accommodate voltage swings in the camper. Others have recommended superbrightleds dot com as a good source for LED bulbs.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:10 AM   #4

Registry
Bought on eBay. Several sellers with them. I need to drive behind my Trillium at night to see how well they work. Got the clear ones as any color will reduce output when run through stock lens.

The only reason I did not go with LED replacement bulbs is the fixtures were broken. Otherwise, LED bulb in the tail light would have been a good choice.

I don't see the exact ones I bought on Ebay right now, but I see similar units for under $20 for the pair. I had to trim the housings a bit, basically the black flange. Did not cut into the sealed portion.

On my interior lights, some of the housings were cracked, others had lenses that were yellowed. Replacement was the easiest route. I also added more light, using double light units where single lights were located. The LEDs cut amp draw by about 90%, so adding lights still put me WAY under the draw of the originals. More like a 80% cut instead of 90%.

Something like this, you want clear light when you put a stock lens over it. Most of the ones for sale are either red or amber:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1Pc-White-1...UAAOSw3HpcmSXy
Old 05-16-2019, 08:25 AM   #5

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
OK thanks thrifty bill. Just checking superbrightleds dot com, they have an oval truck and trailer taillight $19.95 each, that can be ordered in clear that is 450 lumens. That should do it.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:30 AM   #6

Registry
This one looks interesting, not sure about measurements.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Pcs-White....c100005.m1851

Tags
trillium