Trillium Flooring and Window Treatments? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2016, 02:09 PM   #1

Name: Anne-Marie
Trailer: 1977 Trillium 1300
Ontario
Trillium Flooring and Window Treatments?

While I work away at much more important things on my 77 Trillium 1300, like new tires, propane tank and water and gas lines, my mind has also turned to a few more decorative things I'd like to change.

The Trillium currently has a flat weave carpet in it...while it is reasonably clean and serviceable for the short term, it is blah brown and will be hard to keep clean. I'd like to take it out (it's cut to fit the whole floor but not attached in any way) and replace it with a sheet vinyl flooring. Or perhaps stick on squares? What are others using? And how do you install it? I'm loathe to stick anything down that I wouldn't be able to easily take out again.

I'd also like to take out the faded curtains. I've seen a couple of photos where others have installed roller blinds but again, not sure how they have installed them. My Trillium has shelves over all the windows that leaves only a very small space between the window frame and the bottom of the shelf. I think people must have screwed the brackets for the blinds up, to the bottom of the shelf. Is this correct? I think you would need to back those screws up with something like a small block of wood since the shelves are not very thick. Would the shelf bear the weight of roller blinds?
Anne-Marie L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:02 AM   #2

Name: Claire
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
British Columbia
Registry
Hi Anne-Marie, someone previous to us put in a parkay floor. Looks good, but a pain to refinish.

As for the windows, yes my blinds are anchored to the shelves above the window. We started with screws as that is what previous did, but after stabbing myself a few times we switched to bolts with lock-washers.

I put roman shades in mine using old mini blinds for the framework - Pintrest.

If you are looking to connect more with just Trillium owners, and are on Facebook, try Trillium Trailer Owners. Lots of them are from Ontario.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:32 AM   #3

Name: Lyndee
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Trillium floor

Hello Anne-Marie,

I just put a new floor in my Trillium 4500. I took out the old vinyl and used it for a template to cut-out the new flooring. I bought a more expensive type of lino that just lays on the floor. It looks great and was easy to install.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01138.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	96854

I also am in the middle of making some new curtains for my unit. I just attached the curtain rods on the sides of the window. In my trailer there is a wooden frame around each window under the ensolite.

In the picture the fabric on the seat is one of the curtains.

Good Luck....It is so much fun making the trailer your own by adding what you like and what fits for you.
Lyndee in the Port is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:15 AM   #4

Ontario
Thanks Claire! I joined the Trillium FB page and have already seen lots of great ideas and renos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Claire View Post
Hi Anne-Marie, someone previous to us put in a parkay floor. Looks good, but a pain to refinish.

As for the windows, yes my blinds are anchored to the shelves above the window. We started with screws as that is what previous did, but after stabbing myself a few times we switched to bolts with lock-washers.

I put roman shades in mine using old mini blinds for the framework - Pintrest.

If you are looking to connect more with just Trillium owners, and are on Facebook, try Trillium Trailer Owners. Lots of them are from Ontario.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:17 AM   #5

Ontario
Thanks Lynda! Your new floor looks terrific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndee in the Port View Post
Hello Anne-Marie,

I just put a new floor in my Trillium 4500. I took out the old vinyl and used it for a template to cut-out the new flooring. I bought a more expensive type of lino that just lays on the floor. It looks great and was easy to install.Attachment 96854

I also am in the middle of making some new curtains for my unit. I just attached the curtain rods on the sides of the window. In my trailer there is a wooden frame around each window under the ensolite.

In the picture the fabric on the seat is one of the curtains.

Good Luck....It is so much fun making the trailer your own by adding what you like and what fits for you.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:24 AM   #6

Name: stefan
Trailer: 76 Trillium 1300
Waterloo, Ontario
[QUOTE=Anne-Marie L;595420]
The Trillium currently has a flat weave carpet in it...while it is reasonably clean and serviceable for the short term, it is blah brown and will be hard to keep clean. I'd like to take it out (it's cut to fit the whole floor but not attached in any way) and replace it with a sheet vinyl flooring. Or perhaps stick on squares? What are others using? And how do you install it? I'm loathe to stick anything down that I wouldn't be able to easily take out again.

QUOTE]

All I did was get a couple of packages of interlocking foam flooring and cut it just a little smaller than the floor area (it expands in the heat and bulges if you don't leave it slightly smaller). I never glued it down or taped it and it never moves. It's water resistant and sure feels nice and soft under your feet. I can sweep it off or wipe it down or just remove it in less that 2 minutes. This photo is not the best to see the floor, and naturally my color is the color you don't want, but you get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails
P1090394.jpg  
stefman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:40 AM   #7
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
My 2010 Trillium came with pleated shades that pull down. They are attached at the top to the shelf and run on strings attached to the bottom of the window. They work well.

On the floor we have carpet. While harder to keep clean that vinyl, I prefer carpet because it' feels warmer to my feet . Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium