Trillium Parts Department - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #1

Name: Jeanette
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
Tennessee
Question Trillium Parts Department

I ordered items from the parts@trillium several months ago and still have not received them. The representative acknowledges receipt of our check and order but still has not cashed the check or given an estimated delivery date. He is extremely slow to answer any emails and apparently bounces from Nevada to Arizona. Has anyone else had this trouble with the parts department? I was hoping to get the "egg" in shape before taking it out on the road.
MO and Jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Tom can be a little slow, he's one man wearing many hats stretched a bit thin at times. I heard that he was delivering some trailers in the NE very recently. Sometimes it is best to give him a call and leave voicemail.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #3

Tennessee
Trillium Parts Department

Thanks for the reply Roy. I just wanted to know if others had the same slow response from the department that I had. I guess I'll just hang on and hope Tom gets those parts ASAP.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'm sad to hear this. Tom Young is a nice man, I met him at the Oregon Gathering when he was first trying to get the Trillium business off the ground.

However, his business will never really take off if he doesn't pay attention to good customer service. I'd wait two weeks... maybe. But not two months!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:58 AM   #5
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
We bought a trailer from him. It was delivered 6 weeks later than he promised. There were lots of problems with the trailer. We would call, leave a message and follow up with an email. Nothing. A week later we would do the same. A few days later he would call, very personable. Lots of advice. Promised to send us some parts. Told us to keep track of our expenses. Of course the parts would never arrive. We would fix the problem out of pocket. A new problem would occur and the process would repeat. There was always some excuse, somebody let him down, etc. That was three years ago. Sounds like not much has changed. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #6

Tennessee

Thanks Donna and P Raz for your comments. I guess my problem is just a small inconvenience compared to Raz's. I've been checking eBay to see if any items show up there. My items are mostly costmetic: tank and spare tire covers and decals. "EyePod" can run without them but would make it look spiffier.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #7

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO and Jeanette View Post
I ordered items from the parts@trillium several months ago and still have not received them. The representative acknowledges receipt of our check and order but still has not cashed the check or given an estimated delivery date. He is extremely slow to answer any emails and apparently bounces from Nevada to Arizona. Has anyone else had this trouble with the parts department? I was hoping to get the "egg" in shape before taking it out on the road.
Gezz after just a few weeks I would have called him.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #8

Tennessee

Thanks for all your input. I guess I'll bite the bullet and give him a call. Just didn't know if my experience was just a fluke. And, this is a great site for "newbies." I recommended it to a friend who's just thinking about getting a vintage trailer and wants to join Sisters on the Fly like me.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #9
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO and Jeanette View Post
Thanks for all your input. I guess I'll bite the bullet and give him a call. Just didn't know if my experience was just a fluke. And, this is a great site for "newbies." I recommended it to a friend who's just thinking about getting a vintage trailer and wants to join Sisters on the Fly like me.
Perhaps this thread will shake the tree and a few apples will arrive on your door step. I hope so. Please keep us informed. Take care, Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #10

Tennessee
Smile Trillium Parts Department

Hey, someone must have ESP because I just received an email from Tom stating his backlog of orders are ready to go out tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for their comments. Happy camping out there.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #11

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
ROFL - funny how that happens! ;-)
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #12

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
My guess is that he read about your dissatisfaction right here on FGRV!
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium