TrilliumRv in Chilliwac, B.C. - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Registry
I mailed TrilliumRV a cheque a couple of months ago for some parts they have on their website. The owner who also is their Manager, Sales Manager, Parts Manager and Janitor was quite hospitable in the beginning when I inquired about the whereabouts of my parts. In the last couple of weeks however he has not return any emails or will not send back my money. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE COMPANY HAS OR IS GOING BANKRUPT. I know that when a company starts to go belly up they do exactly what TOM YOUNG the owner is doing. Can anyone direct me to a website that might shed some light on this company.

Thanks or viewing.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hi Alex,

TrilliumRV is based out of Nevada and their site is at: http://trilliumrv.com/

TrilliumRV has Escape trailers out of Chilliwack making the molds for their trailers - I wasn't aware they were doing any other sort of business out of Chilliwack . I have not heard any rumors of them going out of business, a few of our members have bought trailers from them this year.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #3

Ontario
Registry
You have got that backwards. Their factory is indeed in Chilliwack, B.C. Their U.S. affiliate is in Nevada. The Owner/President is the former Vice-President of Operations out of Markham, Ontario over 30 years ago. He's a talker NOT a doer according to the people at 2009 Bolerama at Emily Provincial Park, Ontario.
I wish I had listened to them.

Quote:
Hi Alex,

TrilliumRV is based out of Nevada and their site is at: http://trilliumrv.com/

TrilliumRV has Escape trailers out of Chilliwack making the molds for their trailers - I wasn't aware they were doing any other sort of business out of Chilliwack . I have not heard any rumors of them going out of business, a few of our members have bought trailers from them this year.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #4

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
To clarify - TrilliumRV has contracted Escape Trailers in Chilliwack to make the molds for US Trillium. The trailer is then finished in the USA. Escape Trailer also makes a 13' Trillium mold for themselves. The Canadian factory address that TrilliumRV has on their site is in fact the address of Escape Trailers:

http://www.escapetrailer.com/Index.aspx?Page=ContactUs
Old 09-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #5

Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Edited to add: Booker, it looks like we were typing at the same time

Alex,

It looks to me like the corporate headquarters is in the U.S. and the "factory" is in Canada.

As I understand it, they were going to have to fulfill a very expensive number of environmental requirements to manufacture the trailers at a new plant in the US (which would probably have been cost-prohibitive for a new business), and so they contracted with Escape Trailers* in Chilliwack to mold the bodies for them at their existing plant. The address shown for Trillium RV's "factory address," is, indeed the same exact address that Escape has.

The latter is simply what I understand; the former is shown on the Trillium RV website, as follows:

CONTACT US

Corporate Office/Sales//Mailing Address:
Trillium RV Ltd.
1894 Hwy 50 East
#4-178
Carson City, NV 89701
Phone 775: 443-8946

Factory Address:
8945 Ashwell Road
Chilliwack, BC V2P-7E4

*Escape makes their own trailers, which are also based on the 1970's Trillium trailers.

As far as I know, the molding of trailer shells is the only connection Trillium RV has with Escape.

Raya
Old 09-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #6

Ontario
Registry
Well it looks like your both right and I am wrong again. Interesting news is I got in touch with Trillium Calgary "Team Trillium" and inquired about the name "Trillium and the Molds used by both companies and they explained (right or wrong) that because the original Trillium company in Markham, Ontario went bankrupt the name and molds are no longer exclusivey patented. Anyone who wants to get in the business can make their own and call it what ever they want. They claimed however that they have the original molds from the plant in Markham. The only problem when I thought about it was why does TrilliumRV in Chilliwack have "TM" beside their logo. Sure looks like it is a "Trade Mark" (copywrite) to me. The other interesting thing on the Calgary site is if you add all of the accessaries the total price for a 13 foot "Outback" comes to over $23,000. That's a lot of cash. I guess I will just hold on to my 1977 Trillium and upgrade it to todays technology.
On another note. Just when I was getting discouraged with the long delay with my parts who shows up this morning but the delivery person with what I thought is my long awaited stuff. When I opened the packages only half of the order was there. Oh well, I should be lucky to get what I got. LOL
Old 09-05-2009, 06:50 AM   #7

Name: Daniel
Trailer: '74 Trillium 1300
-
While I think Tom Young probably deserves a slap on the wrist for not giving you feedback, I think fiberglass RVs is an area where patience pays off the most... You're often dealing with small shops and guys that wear many hats, not huge warehouses with next-day shipping. Even ordering a new trailer often takes many (many!) months... but well worth the wait.

So, aren't you going to tell us what parts you got?
Old 09-05-2009, 07:12 AM   #8

Trailer: 1973 Trillium
Send a message via AIM to georgia g
I also contacted that web site and waited for a reply regarding a part we needed. He returned my phone call, said he was traveling on business for a few weeks but would get in touch when he returned but to email him our request. I forgot to email but followed up several weeks later. Same thing. Still traveling but this time I did email. I got an answer last week telling me to send payment and he would send the part I requested. He seems to be an independent, dealing in the vintage parts. I haven't sent payment yet and need to rethink this. Maybe I will make another call. georgia