Trim around wheel well and base of Boler? - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
jlbails's Avatar
 
Name: Jamie
Trailer: Boler 1977
Washington
Posts: 105
Registry
Trim around wheel well and base of Boler?

Has anyone had success replacing the wheel well trim and around the base edge of the Boler? I checked for a comparable part at an RV dealership and it's $6 a foot. I'd like to do a continous trim around the entire bottom, wheel well and the door, but need to know the type/size of trim that works best. If anyone has tried this, please let me know. I have a few ideas of my own, but if someone has already blazed this trail, that'd save me some time. Thanks!
__________________

__________________
jlbails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
Commercial Member
 
Name: Deb & Chuck
Trailer: Bigfoot, Boler, Trillium, ECO, U-Haul, Burro, Escape, Trailswest, Compact Jr., Casita, Scamp
Washington
Posts: 632
Trim for Boler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbails View Post
Has anyone had success replacing the wheel well trim and around the base edge of the Boler? I checked for a comparable part at an RV dealership and it's $6 a foot. I'd like to do a continous trim around the entire bottom, wheel well and the door, but need to know the type/size of trim that works best. If anyone has tried this, please let me know. I have a few ideas of my own, but if someone has already blazed this trail, that'd save me some time. Thanks!
I have something on my website that might work for you. The color is white it is 3/8x1/2 in size. Scamp uses something like it. Scamp rivets to stay on the body.
Chuck
__________________

__________________
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Name: Anne
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner
North Carolina
Posts: 134
I was searching older threads for something to replace our Boler's chrome wheel well trim. (first the driver's side trim fell off, then the date side...) and found this discussion, which was the closest fit.

I wanted chrome instead of white and found one source for 250 ft for $99 (yikes!), but then found this on Amazon: Cowles T5605 18" Chrome Edge Trim : Amazon.com : Automotive for $11. The title of the item says it's 18", but the description is 18'.

Unless I really mess up the installation, I'll have plenty left, so send me a PM and I'll be glad to ship the remainder for the cost of the postage.

-- Anne
__________________
neparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
Member
 
Beverly Jones's Avatar
 
Name: Beverly J
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Washington
Posts: 92
Anne,
Have you had a chance to install the chrome edge trim? I'd like to know how it went, and any suggestions you may have for me.
Thx,
Bev
__________________
Beverly Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Name: Anne
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner
North Carolina
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly Jones View Post
Anne,
Have you had a chance to install the chrome edge trim? I'd like to know how it went, and any suggestions you may have for me.
Thx,
Bev
Not yet, Bev. Will probably not get to it until the weekend. Will let you know. -- Anne
__________________
neparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #6
DJW
Junior Member
 
Name: DJ
Trailer: boler "The Bubblebee"
Ontario
Posts: 17
Trim

I used door edge guard from an auto supply store. Was about 50 cents a foot and just pressed on. I used it around the entire bottom, the door and the back splash.
__________________
DJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
jlbails's Avatar
 
Name: Jamie
Trailer: Boler 1977
Washington
Posts: 105
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by neparker View Post
I was searching older threads for something to replace our Boler's chrome wheel well trim. (first the driver's side trim fell off, then the date side...) and found this discussion, which was the closest fit.

I wanted chrome instead of white and found one source for 250 ft for $99 (yikes!), but then found this on Amazon: Cowles T5605 18" Chrome Edge Trim : Amazon.com : Automotive for $11. The title of the item says it's 18", but the description is 18'.

Unless I really mess up the installation, I'll have plenty left, so send me a PM and I'll be glad to ship the remainder for the cost of the postage.

-- Anne
Sounds great! I gave up that search a while ago, but glad to see that someone else took it up! Let me know how the install goes, and I'd be glad to send you money for postage. I'm in Washington state. Good luck! Jamie
__________________

__________________
jlbails is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
boler


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UHaul CT13 Wheel Covers (Hub Caps) and Trim Rings rklewis Towing, Hitching, Axles and Running Gear 4 08-06-2012 12:00 PM
Boler Door and front window trim Lori Appleyard Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 12 03-21-2012 11:19 AM
Boler Metal Trim ( NEED HELP) guambomb Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 2 06-29-2011 06:34 PM
New Door Trim for Boler? thenoob Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 1 11-20-2010 04:36 PM
Boler 13 kitchen base removal (with 3-way fridge). I'd love to hear any tips! Raya Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 19 09-26-2010 08:58 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.