Trim around wheel well and base of Boler? - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #1

Name: Jamie
Trailer: Boler 1977
Washington
Registry
Trim around wheel well and base of Boler?

Has anyone had success replacing the wheel well trim and around the base edge of the Boler? I checked for a comparable part at an RV dealership and it's $6 a foot. I'd like to do a continous trim around the entire bottom, wheel well and the door, but need to know the type/size of trim that works best. If anyone has tried this, please let me know. I have a few ideas of my own, but if someone has already blazed this trail, that'd save me some time. Thanks!

Old 08-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Deb & Chuck
Trailer: Bigfoot, Boler, Trillium, ECO, U-Haul, Burro, Escape, Trailswest, Compact Jr., Casita, Scamp
Washington
Trim for Boler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbails View Post
Has anyone had success replacing the wheel well trim and around the base edge of the Boler? I checked for a comparable part at an RV dealership and it's $6 a foot. I'd like to do a continous trim around the entire bottom, wheel well and the door, but need to know the type/size of trim that works best. If anyone has tried this, please let me know. I have a few ideas of my own, but if someone has already blazed this trail, that'd save me some time. Thanks!
I have something on my website that might work for you. The color is white it is 3/8x1/2 in size. Scamp uses something like it. Scamp rivets to stay on the body.
Chuck

Old 10-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #3

Name: Anne
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner
North Carolina
I was searching older threads for something to replace our Boler's chrome wheel well trim. (first the driver's side trim fell off, then the date side...) and found this discussion, which was the closest fit.

I wanted chrome instead of white and found one source for 250 ft for $99 (yikes!), but then found this on Amazon: Cowles T5605 18" Chrome Edge Trim : Amazon.com : Automotive for $11. The title of the item says it's 18", but the description is 18'.

Unless I really mess up the installation, I'll have plenty left, so send me a PM and I'll be glad to ship the remainder for the cost of the postage.

-- Anne
Old 10-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #4

Name: Beverly J
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Washington
Anne,
Have you had a chance to install the chrome edge trim? I'd like to know how it went, and any suggestions you may have for me.
Thx,
Bev
Old 10-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #5

Name: Anne
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly Jones View Post
Anne,
Have you had a chance to install the chrome edge trim? I'd like to know how it went, and any suggestions you may have for me.
Thx,
Bev
Not yet, Bev. Will probably not get to it until the weekend. Will let you know. -- Anne
Old 10-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #6
DJW

Name: DJ
Trailer: boler "The Bubblebee"
Ontario
Trim

I used door edge guard from an auto supply store. Was about 50 cents a foot and just pressed on. I used it around the entire bottom, the door and the back splash.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #7

Name: Jamie
Trailer: Boler 1977
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by neparker View Post
I was searching older threads for something to replace our Boler's chrome wheel well trim. (first the driver's side trim fell off, then the date side...) and found this discussion, which was the closest fit.

I wanted chrome instead of white and found one source for 250 ft for $99 (yikes!), but then found this on Amazon: Cowles T5605 18" Chrome Edge Trim : Amazon.com : Automotive for $11. The title of the item says it's 18", but the description is 18'.

Unless I really mess up the installation, I'll have plenty left, so send me a PM and I'll be glad to ship the remainder for the cost of the postage.

-- Anne
Sounds great! I gave up that search a while ago, but glad to see that someone else took it up! Let me know how the install goes, and I'd be glad to send you money for postage. I'm in Washington state. Good luck! Jamie

Tags
boler