Trying a new cover for Scamp 13 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2015, 01:05 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Trying a new cover for Scamp 13

Greetings! Hope everybody had a wonderful Holiday Season! I've just ordered a new cover for my Scamp. The old one was from the ebay seller several of you are familiar with and it disintegrated in less than 2 yrs. This time I've decided to give Beverly Bay Horse Trailer covers a try. It's nice to speak to a real person on the phone. I've placed my order and will update everyone when it arrives, the initial quality impression and of course fit. Total cost was $149.99 as shipping is free. I ordered the smallest size 8-10ft. I see their covers are available on several websites with positive reviews so I'm hoping this is a better option than the ebay seller cover which got a hole in it the second time we removed it and it just started falling apart from there. Happy New Year!!

Melissa
Old 03-15-2015, 12:41 PM   #2

Name: Al
Trailer: 84 Scamp 13'
Virginia
Hi,

What are your impressions thus far? Do you have any pictures?

Thanks,
Al
VA_Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:19 AM   #3

Name: Jameson
Trailer: Scamp
California
Curious on this as well, pics if possible
Jskierpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:48 AM   #4

Sorry I some how missed this thread. So far I am very pleased with this cover!! Not a single hole/rip/tear nothing. The ebay cover I previously used already had multiple tears in it by now just from removing it a handful of times. It is big which I see as a benefit b/c it covers the tires, the tongue (including the jack, propane tank etc) and the spare tire cover on the back. The sun does not reach any part of the trailer. It has 3 under belly straps to cinch it up tight and gromets on flaps in front and back which I kindof do a shoelace style pattern to tighten the cover up around her front and back. Next time I go to storage I will take picks. The price when compared to the quality of the ebay cover was excellent! Plus they answer their phones/emails so could make a warranty claim if necessary.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:56 PM   #5

California
Thanks! I'm almost ready to pull the trigger just off your post, but the website says "and almost waterproof". I'm a little hesitant because we get snow up here. Any insight to that?
Old 07-29-2015, 09:51 AM   #6

Well, we've been having a lot of rain here lately in FL and I haven't noticed any condensation under the cover but snow sitting on top seeping in for weeks at a time would be a different scenerio. I figure the "almost" waterproof property is due to air circulation necessary to prevent mold from growing. I'm wondering if the other covers which are "breathable" also have that same descprition of "almost". Maybe someone with a different cover can weigh in on if theirs is completely waterproof or not.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:56 PM   #7

California
I got it ordered...found it on Amazon for $125 shipped, so happy with the price. Will update on arrival
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 08-05-2015, 08:14 AM   #8

Name: Jacob
Michigan
I'll be interested in your thoughts on the fit of this one. I'll be looking for a cover for winter soon.
FlintBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:41 AM   #9

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
We have this cover for ours, which we used all through the winter on a vintage trailer (which we sold to buy the Scamp). It is also breathable, so not water proof. Even with lots of snow and rain, neither camper has ever been wet, even with a snow load sitting on top. Of course, it melts off quickly here in Denver so there is that. It also fits perfectly on a 13 foot scamp, covering the tongue, tires and spare down to the ground. After almost a year, no tears, no thin spots from wear, etc. Another option for those looking.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o06_s00
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:52 AM   #10

Michigan
emij, thanks for the recommendation. I'm surprised it fits so well on a Scamp since it advertises for a teardrop trailer. Our snow would sit on top, but it would probably still be okay.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:40 AM   #11

The one linked directly above on Amazon is for a teardrop so not sure how the fit would be the cover the orginal poster linked to is for a horse trailer so is of similar size/shape which is why the fit is excellent. Dont know if you would get the same fit with the teardrop cover and I dont think the teardrop cover is by the same company so might not have the same quality as the Adco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintBound View Post
emij, thanks for the recommendation. I'm surprised it fits so well on a Scamp since it advertises for a teardrop trailer. Our snow would sit on top, but it would probably still be okay.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:10 PM   #12

Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
The one linked directly above on Amazon is for a teardrop so not sure how the fit would be the cover the orginal poster linked to is for a horse trailer so is of similar size/shape which is why the fit is excellent. Dont know if you would get the same fit with the teardrop cover and I dont think the teardrop cover is by the same company so might not have the same quality as the Adco.
I forgot to mention that we ordered the up to 16 foot size. Previously we were using it on a13 foot canned ham, toaster shaped, vintage camper. After purchasing the Scamp 13, we decided to see if it would work rather than buy another new cover. It covers it completely and we've been using it since October and it still looks brand new. Just thought I'd throw out what has worked for us since Amazon has a great return policy if it wasn't what one was expecting
Old 08-05-2015, 12:16 PM   #13

Colorado
Registry
Also, more than even recommending a certain cover, I thought I'd share our experience with a"breathable" cover. No condensation, no moisture, nothing wet
Old 08-05-2015, 05:13 PM   #14

Michigan
emij, Thanks for the recommendation. I appreciate the information.

Tags
scamp