U Haul 13 Exterior Height - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2010, 07:59 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Like many, I'm trying to choose which trailer best suits us. I see lots of threads about getting trailers into 7' garage.....but none mention the u haul. Anyone know what the exterior height is on a CT 13 or if it will fit in a standard garage? Thanks.
Todd G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:49 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Quote:
Like many, I'm trying to choose which trailer best suits us. I see lots of threads about getting trailers into 7' garage.....but none mention the u haul. Anyone know what the exterior height is on a CT 13 or if it will fit in a standard garage? Thanks.
Hi Todd, I'm sorry that I don't know the exact heigh of my Uhaul 13' . . . but I know it's too tall for most garages. I took the swamp cooler off and had a Comfort Air (ShurFlo) fan installed, and that raised my overall height by a few inches, but even before that, it was higher than the Boler we used to camp next to. There are some old threads on here by a former Uhaul owner in Chicago - he couldn't fit his in his garage - maybe you can find the height on his old posts. I have a friend who garaged his, but only the shell - took it off the axle to get it inside. Good luck.
Julia O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Hi Todd, I'm sorry that I don't know the exact heigh of my Uhaul 13' . . . but I know it's too tall for most garages. I took the swamp cooler off and had a Comfort Air (ShurFlo) fan installed, and that raised my overall height by a few inches, but even before that, it was higher than the Boler we used to camp next to. There are some old threads on here by a former Uhaul owner in Chicago - he couldn't fit his in his garage - maybe you can find the height on his old posts. I have a friend who garaged his, but only the shell - took it off the axle to get it inside. Good luck.

HI, I am renovating a CT-13 that I got last fall... When I got it home, I had to rebuild my boat shed to provide a shelter for it... It is about 7'10" high depending on what you have on top.
I made my new shed with a 9' tall clearance...
Right now... I am trying to seal the many leaks that the previous owner didn't tell me about... I will be replacing the windows with a set from Sunview in Canada.
Best Regards
Dale
Dale A Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:02 AM   #4

Registry
Dale ..are those windows a direct replacement or do they require modifications to install ? thankyou Bruce
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Dale ..are those windows a direct replacement or do they require modifications to install ? thankyou Bruce

The windows are "close"... they make them to your dimensions, however the radius will need to be trimmed on the fiberglass...

They will be aluminum flange "clamp together" type, as opposed to the rubber gasket type...
I've ordered some rolls of butyl tape to seal them (also to re-bed the awning rails).

I've heard of some folks using Casita windows as replacements... Does anyone know what the current status of Burro is? There were some rumors of their resurrection.
If they are coming back, the windows should be the closest to Uhaul size.

Thanks
Dale
Dale A Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:01 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I've heard of some folks using Casita windows as replacements... Does anyone know what the current status of Burro is? There were some rumors of their resurrection.
If they are coming back, the windows should be the closest to Uhaul size.

Thanks
Dale
Burro resurrection has been a rumor for years. None of the trailer manufacturers make their own windows. Scamp, uses Hehr... and possibly so does Casita. You can buy windows from the manufacturer. If I was to do that, I'd find out who Escape uses... possibly Sunview and get the double-pane... no more condensation!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #7

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
If you're looking for an "egg-shaped" egg to fit into a standard garage, the Boler/clones (Scamp, Love Bug, etc.) will have the best chance. That's because they utilize a dropped center floor to get headroom, and you instantly gain (or should I say lose) about 6" that way.

The Trilliums and the Cloud/clones (Burro, U-haul) do not have a dropped center floor, so they are higher right off the bat.

Now, that said, you may be able to do tricks with bare rims, dollies, or the like; but I don't believe that any Trillium or Cloud clone will go into a 7' garage in stock form as some Boler/clones will.

Not even all Boler clones will do this, but some of them will, especially the older ones. Even with a new axle I believe you can keep the older ones low, if you are careful with your set-up (and there are some still rolling around with original axles that are still functioning).

So, still best to measure the exact trailer you are potentially purchasing, but know that you will stand your best chance with a Boler/clone. (I'm talking 13-footers here since you mentioned the U-haul 13).

If you are considering "toaster shaped" trailers, then the Compact Jr./Campster/clones will easily make it into a 7' garage, because they have pop tops that give you the headroom when you are using them.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
u-haul