U-haul 13ct - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-10-2010, 01:04 AM   #15

Name: Matt
Trailer: U-Haul VT16, Escape 19
California
Registry
Found the post on scamp windows in the Burro. This poster had researched and priced jalousies for his u-haul. If you go this route let me know how it goes. The price looks good!

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...st&p=355676

Old 06-10-2010, 07:39 AM   #16

Name: Marty
Trailer: 85 U-Haul CT
Ohio
Quote:
Marty,
I'm in Michigan and might just have the fiberglass section that attaches in those holes under the window. (I think it's in my garage) It is what the hinge attaches to and supports the back of the bunk. I removed it because it made the front bench seat too shallow. I prefer the deeper couch that I now have after removing the bunk and fiberglass panel.
If you want the fiberglass piece, you can have it (you need to pick up - it is big and bulky). I can post some photos if you want.
Hi Pam,
Thanks for the response. So that's what the "V" is for! I wouldn't have guessed. I sure would be interested in the piece if you are willing to part with it. I'd gladly buy it from you. We have 2 smaller g-kids and the bunk set up would work great for us. If you have a pic, that would be nice too. Would give me an idea of how it works. What part of Michigan are you in? We'll be heading to Wisconsin the week of the 4th, and could possibly swing by depending on where you are. I've received a lot of help from the site. Seems like a great bunch of people like yourself. Thanks for the help

Marty

Old 06-10-2010, 07:46 AM   #17

Ohio
Quote:
Hey Marty,
I am the person who posted the bunk stuff on the U-haul site. I recently took mine apart, took photos of the wood that stabilizes the bunk and the hinge that attaches it to the back wall. I am pretty busy at work right now but was planning to post the info here too. Hopefully next week.
Bridget
Bridget,
Thanks for the reply. Pics would be great! I have no idea how the bunks went together. Had a response from Pam who may have the base for the "V" holes that I didn't know what were used for. It would be nice to have a completed camper. I just know that we'll enjoy it more than our old pop up.

Marty
Old 06-10-2010, 07:59 AM   #18

Ohio
Wow! Thanks to all who responded to the quest of restoring my U-haul. Seems like a real great group who enjoy their campers and enjoy helping each other as well as "newbies" like myself. I'm sure that I'll be looking in often. Maybe someday I can offer some tangible advise too.

Thanks again guys,

Marty D.

haven't quite figure out this posting and replying bit. comes with time? :-)
Old 06-11-2010, 11:43 AM   #19

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Marty, 'll be checking in my garage this weekend for the bunk support - stay tuned. I might have the legs too.
I'm located half hour south of Flint in Fenton, which is kind of mid-state (in the 'palm' part if using your hand as a Michigan map). If 4th does not work out, maybe can meet somewhere. How far away are you in OH?
Old 06-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #20

Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
One note on the U-haul sofa/bunk (in case you are going to some expense or trouble to get the piece and might like this information before-hand).

When you have the couchback/bunk installed, and you then lower the bunk (to make a couch back), you are left with only about a 12" deep couch "seat." In other words, it's not really a couch for most people. Something like a Boler, in comparison, which "bulges" in the front, will still have a "normal" sized couch seat when the back is down. It's just a factor of the trailer shape, I guess.

I think this is one reason you don't see very many U-haul 13's with the bunk still intact.

An option might be to rig up the couch back as only an un-upholstered board, and then add somethign like a Thermarest pad to it for sleeping (saving depth on the couch seat when folded down), or some sort of back that slid flatly under the couch cushion by day, and could be put up at night (four legs?).

Again, not to say you should not try it, but before you potentially go to the effort or spend money I thought I would mention the resulting ~12" deep couch.

Raya
Old 06-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #21

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
Marty,

Yes, we do like our UHauls. So do lots of other people. Unlike your previous pop-up, prepare yourself now to be stared at, chased, and asked for trailer tours. We gave two of them last weekend. You will hear again and again, "I didn't know UHaul rented campers." A few people will assume that either you are renting it or, as in our case with our UHaul neon sign that we put in the front window, assume that you rent it out. One uhaulcamper.com member even was accused of buying stolen property by a Uhaul dealer when he tried to buy new tires for his camper. The dealer said that UHaul never sells their stuff; therefore it is stolen.

One further danger is becoming a UHaul collector. We now own the UHaul Chrysler and camper advertising toy, jackets, hats, shirts, a wagon, a trike, a toolbox, two Uhaul car radios, several patches, a clock, a thermometer, tiepins, and coffee cups! And I bet I missed some other Uhaul things.

We have been more places than we ever dreamed we would go since we got our UHaul.

CindyL
Old 06-11-2010, 01:35 PM   #22

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Quote:
Does anybody know where he is located? The outage seemed to occur with some of the severe storms that took place.

Here's the problem with the uhaulcamper.com website:

"Welcome to UHaulCamper.com!

We’re in the process of upgrading the website to include more features.

The website will be up and running again shortly. Please try back again soon."
Old 06-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #23

Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT13 ft ('The Mothball')
Hi Marty,
I have posted the pictures of my uhaul bunk in a new post.
Bridget
Old 06-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #24

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
What is aggravating about uhaulcamper.com being down is that I was just ready to call UHaul to see if I could get parts for our surge brakes, that person that Jim had contact with.

Did anyone write down the phone number before the website went down? Since it is information for paying members, can you PM me the number if you have it?

CindyL
Old 06-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #25

Name: Matt
Trailer: U-Haul VT16, Escape 19
California
Registry
Quote:
What is aggravating about uhaulcamper.com being down is that I was just ready to call UHaul to see if I could get parts for our surge brakes, that person that Jim had contact with.

Did anyone write down the phone number before the website went down? Since it is information for paying members, can you PM me the number if you have it?

CindyL
There was a thread in U-HaulCamper supporters section that had links to the uhaul company catalog, but it also said to contact him for the direct contact info. I did PM him requesting that info, I think it was late last week, but I haven't heard back. I don't recall seeing brake stuff on the list, but I might not have been paying good attention because John (Cranky) pulled all that stuff out of mine when he changed axles and shifted the brakes to electric. He didn't mention saving any of it, and he didn't have anything about it in his For Sale / Giveaway post.

Cindy, I think I still have a link to the catalog, but it's on another PC because it needed some adobe plugin to operate. Let me know if you need it.

Regards,

Matt
Old 06-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #26

I also have a copy of the U-haul parts manual. It's a .pdf on my hard drive so I can't link it here, but I can send it to you (in case you want it NOW).

Raya
Old 06-11-2010, 08:44 PM   #27

Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT13 ft ('The Mothball')
Quote:
I also have a copy of the U-haul parts manual. It's a .pdf on my hard drive so I can't link it here, but I can send it to you (in case you want it NOW).

Raya
Re. Uhaul parts manual and Uhaul repair manual.
Actually it is on this site! Go to left hand side, click on document center, then trailer brand manufacturer, then U-haul, then you will see both the parts and repair manual. I printed both out and put them in a binder I keep in the U-Haul, they rock.

Bridget
Old 06-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #28

Aha! Who knows, maybe that is where I obtained it. I had forgotten and was now getting the impression that it was sorely needed.

Yay Document Center

Tags
u-haul