U Haul Group Site - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft 1985
Registry
U Haul Group Site

I am a member of this site but can't figure out how to get my pictrues on it...? Also it seems the members don't interact much? Possibly this is not the place for that? Just wondering.. JSL
J.S.Lahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.Lahm View Post
I am a member of this site but can't figure out how to get my pictrues on it...? Also it seems the members don't interact much? Possibly this is not the place for that? Just wondering.. JSL
Janet,
The Uhaul site is not very active, and I think you have to pay at the UH site. However there is an active 'mini' group of UH owners on this site with a lot of tips and tricks! Welcome! Join us at FGRV and post photos here!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #3

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
Yes, I also first found the U-Haul site, but it is not active AT ALL. After I found this place, I have rarely been back to the U-Haul site. I am a CT-13 owner, there are lots of us here.
Panoz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #4

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Janet and James, looking at the home states for the three of us, close enough to camp together!!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #5

Registry
Yea! Other UH owners.

Thanks for the replys, I appreciate it. I have been getting lots of help from the other UH folks since I began this adventure and have tried to offfer a word when I can, just thought the specific UH site was good thing - but NO! will send you private messages. JJ
Old 03-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I tried to register at the UHaul site, had problems and contacted the administrator who returned my email, then was never hear from again.

Me thinks they have major issues, which is too bad. The good news is that there is a wealth of information here and good people with all kinds of eggsperience.
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #7

Registry
Back to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
I tried to register at the UHaul site, had problems and contacted the administrator who returned my email, then was never hear from again.

Me thinks they have major issues, which is too bad. The good news is that there is a wealth of information here and good people with all kinds of eggsperience.
You are So right, one answer to my question about the U Haul grooup site mentioned that a fee may be charged for the UH site. I really like and appreciate fiberglassrv, this site, it is simply ideal. What U Haul model do you have? Any trips planned? Jan
Old 03-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.Lahm View Post
......... What U Haul model do you have? Any trips planned? Jan

CT13 here. Maiden voyage will be to Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Very fitting, as it is a retro kind of place for a retro kind of trailer.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #9

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
UHaulCamper.com

Maybe, I am misinterpreting this thread but I think it is discussing the
UhaulCamper.com website.

I joined that UHaulCamper.com site back in August of 2011 after a donation of $20.00 to 'Jim' to gain access to the historical archives. I was
later enlightened by CindyL to post over here at FGRV as much more active participation and she is RIGHT!

Too bad the UHaulCamper.com site has that donation policy. It does have great topics of discusson that would be interesting to Uhaulers.I wonder if it would be legal to download all of it's historical info and upload over here to the documents or another section? (UHaulers being sued by a UHauler!)

Also, great reading on Ray Horner's old website but the pictures seem to be gone...If you are out there Ray we would sure love to have you back as you really had the UHaul Spirit and shared most graciously.

don '85 Ct-13
"Sometimes the hunt is better than the catch"
djtriceflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #10

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I have been a member of the U-Haul forum almost since day one. What makes a forum successful, isn't based on the number of people who lurk and read, but the people who take the time to post. If you'd like to see a specific brand forum be successful... engage a conversation!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #11

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
Well I just clicked your link, I haven't been over there for a couple years, when I clicked the link I got all kinds of exploit/virus warnings on my virus software. I joined before a "fee" was required. I actually found my CT-13 at that site and bought it from a guy in Beaver, PA about 45 minutes from my house.
Panoz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #12

Florida
Registry
UHaul Site Warnings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoz77 View Post
Well I just clicked your link, I haven't been over there for a couple years, when I clicked the link I got all kinds of exploit/virus warnings on my virus software. I joined before a "fee" was required. I actually found my CT-13 at that site and bought it from a guy in Beaver, PA about 45 minutes from my house.
That's interesting! I just use Norton Security and get no warnings there and never have had any problems. I do like the graphics and the forums over there but they could sure get more of us on the site by changing a few things! If you Google or search engine it do you still get the warnings?

Anyhow, at least you were able to find your UHaul thru that site!
don '85 CT-13
Old 03-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #13

Just went to the UHaul site and got a virus download, which Microsoft Essentials cleaned up. It is like a haunted house.

I keep getting an offer for a Java update when I come here, which I decline. I finally got rid of the redirect virus that mostly seemed to redirect me when I was here.

Anyone else?
Old 03-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #14

Florida
Registry
uHaul site

It is amazing that the UHaulcamper.com site is now
somehow contaminated with viruses! Have never had a problem but will try to edit my msg to remove the link.

Thanks fir the heads up!
don CT13
Old 03-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #15

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Smile

Did they have anything on a VT 16' U-Haul?
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #16

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
the site set off my virus stuff too last visit.....im not returning anytime soon
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #17

Florida
Registry
Tried to edit out the links but could not

Tried to edit out the links to those sites, but, could not seem to do it. Have been advised to stay away as apparently there are some viruses over there. As I recall there is some VT16 arrticles in the UHaulCamper.com historical section but I can't remember how much.
don
Old 03-08-2012, 10:50 PM   #18

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Exclamation Self editing has a time limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtriceflt View Post
Tried to edit out the links to those sites, but, could not seem to do it. Have been advised to stay away as apparently there are some viruses over there. As I recall there is some VT16 arrticles in the UHaulCamper.com historical section but I can't remember how much.
don
There is a time limit on member's ability to edit their own posts. Once the time limit has been exceeded the post is "Locked in place" and only a Moderator or Administrator can edit. (We have the master keys) On some occasions, upon request a moderator will just unlock the post for edit access by the original poster. This is usually only done in the Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Upcoming) forum.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #19

Florida
Registry
Thanks for edit message

Thank you for that info on editing. I'll gladly edit out the links or maybe you can just delete the whole msg. with the links as certainly dont want anyone to get any viruses.
don
Old 03-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #20

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtriceflt View Post
I'll gladly edit out the links or maybe you can just delete the whole msg. with the links as certainly dont want anyone to get any viruses.
don
I forgot to say that I have already removed those links.