Uhaul uploads - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #1

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
Uhaul uploads

I have uploaded the UHaul parts cross reference, Uhaul cook top info, Solar charger info with separate wiring diagram. Unfortunately my fat fingers resulted in some spelling errors on the file names. If some moderator would be so kind to fix them I would be eternally grateful and be able to go through the rest of my like knowing that I will not be branded as another one of those engineers who can't spell. Have a couple more files that I will add later after I cross reference some things.
Michael J.
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #2

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Thanks very much indeed!

Mr. Mike,
This will greatly simplify/enhance many of our restorations and our
UHaul Vacation Adventures! Thanks indeed for your efforts in compiling
all that information and now sharing it with us!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
The titles have been corrected; the solar charger info was moved into the Electrical category. Thanks for posting.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #4

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Thanks for your hard work Mike. I look forward to checking them out and probably will print to include in my UHaul book.
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Great work. Thanks for all your efforts.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #6

Indiana
Registry
[QUOTE=Mary F;365114]The titles have been corrected; the solar charger info was moved into the Electrical category. Thanks for posting.[/QUOTE

Mary:Thanks I owe you. I also understand that you have rules as to where certain discussions go but the solar charger info is unique to the UHaul and in my opinion if placed with the UHaul area it would give all Uhaul owners a one stop shop so to speak for issues that are peculiar to their trailer. I guess what I am saying is they may not know to search for that info.
Michael J.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeyer View Post
...... I also understand that you have rules as to where certain discussions go but the solar charger info is unique to the UHaul and in my opinion if placed with the UHaul area it would give all Uhaul owners a one stop shop so to speak for issues that are peculiar to their trailer. I guess what I am saying is they may not know to search for that info.
Michael J.
I agree, it is unique to the UHaul, with the factory solar panel.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #8

Indiana
Registry
I have added Three more documents for administrative review:
A scan of Ray Horners website print out that I downloaded several years ago, which is a good read as to History and where to find parts.
A cut sheet which gives some info on the Converter as to specs.
A sheet on the original Uhaul faucet installation and options, this one turned out to be huge so the administrators may have to work some magic on it to make it manageable.
I have 1 more on a Duo Therm 66000 furnace which is different than is posted but which appears to be in line with the description in the UHaul manuals. The posted one is similar to the one in my VT. The CT is supposed to have a remote thermostat. Comments from The CT owners welcome before adding it.
Michael J.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #9

Name: Sean
Trailer: 1984 Uhaul CT 13
Georgia
Registry
Hey Mike thanks for all the great info and hard work. I noticed the Stove doc you had was a little different from the one I'd found online on a popup forum.

As for my CT, model number is duotherm 66117-007 the thermostat is high on the rear facing side of the closet. Just appears to be a standard old school mercury thermostat.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Safari Range.pdf (127.3 KB, 8 views)
My U-haul Camper Blog
knighth001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #10

Indiana
Registry
Good info, it would follow that at least some used the duo therm 66000 series heaters as I suspected. We will see what others have. As for the stove it pretty well matched the old one in my VT which I have since replaced with an Atwood. See Ray Horners info. I suspect they had some different suppliers for the VT and CT as per the furnace installs.
I appreciate the feedback as I can only be absolutely sure about VT parts and there are differences between some of them as mine has a fiberglass bumper all others have aluminum. Mine also has what appears to be a setup for a battery box on the front that appears to be factory installed. Mine did not come with a refrigerator. That's part of the fun of finding replacement parts and mods.
Michael J.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #11

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Mike, Thank you so much for all your selfless hard work! This is going to be appreciated for a very long time to come.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uhaul