Un-winterizing a Scamp - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #15
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
If the anti freeze was the RV non toxic type you do not need to take it anywhere/or do anything special to dispose of.

I do not normally drink the water out of my water tank but at least once a year and usually in the spring after I have flushed out the anti freeze I normally add no more than a 1/4 cup of bleach to a *full* tank of water and let it sit over night - then run all the taps for a couple of minutes. Then drain the water tank from the freash water tank and the holding tanks and fill the fresh water tank up again and run the taps again using the water pump. Then empty the tanks again - open the fresh water tank drain valve to speed up emptying the tank and dont forget the plug on the hot water tank as well to drain it. Fill the freash water tank again and it should not smell at all.

Others may have better suggestions but the above works for me. :-)

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:09 PM   #16
Name: Alice
Trailer: 2015 T@B M@X CS-S - Condo A-Go-Go
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I ended up rinsing and adding water to my fresh water tank. It only hold 10 gallons. When I got to Quartzsite, I opened up the hot water heater and WHOOSH, 6 gallons were gone. Being my first time dry camping, I under estimated usage and ran out of water the 2nd day. I'll get a 7 gallon tank for my next dry camping outing. If it weren't for the fact that it still gets below freezing here some nights, I'd have rinsed and filled everything before leaving. It won't be a problem in the summer.
Thanks again everyone.

Wallo is online now   Reply With Quote