Urgent Question. SHOULD I BUY THIS? Casita - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-31-2011, 02:47 PM   #15
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
There is currently a 16 ft 2006 spirit deluxe listed on the VT craigslist for the same money. It says NE which could be north east or New England? Bit of a haul but with winter coming.... Raz

Actually it is a 1996. Same unit is listed on fiberglass Rv's 4 sale

Old 10-31-2011, 02:58 PM   #16

Trailer: Casita
New River AZ
Another tool to help you in your search.....this link will let you search the whole country at once on craigslist instead of just one location..... type in casita in the search box
Joe

Search ALL of Craigslist at one time

Old 10-31-2011, 04:11 PM   #17

Name: Karalyn
Trailer: Eggless for now but looking. currently own Amerilite 21 ft
Minnesota
I have been searching those sites listed daily. Nothing close to home and I am afraid to buy sight unseen. My 1st Scamp went to California and my second one to Massachusettes - both sight unseen by owners. Both new owners happy with purchase. I am honest and most people are, but still I am really scared to by sight unseen and have something shipped to me without my seeing it. If anyone sees a good deal out there let me know please. I am in no hurry as winter is coming soon, but I don't want to miss a nice one either.
Thanks again.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:55 PM   #18

Name: John
Trailer: 13' 2012 Scamp
Wisconsin
Casitas and Scamps somehow attract craigslist scammers. In my month long search for a decent used one, I must have seen 3 or 4 scam postings. They all start great and then devolve into this time pressure situation and somehow free shipping of the trailer to you, but sight unseen deal. Some even stoop so low as to play on "I'm heading over to Afghanistan" military sympathy.

My first sense of this was seeing the same ad posted in 20+ different craigslist locations all over the map.

I wouldn't buy anything I can't see or walk into, pictures don't matter in this case since the pictures might be of some completely different trailer.

Be cautious.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:42 PM   #19

Name: James
Trailer: Casita
My casita was hit and went on it's side, looked like it was fixable, their repair shop ( trailers) said not so, so totaled it, and paid me fairly for it. Maybe you found my old trailer.....I would not buy that trailer myself, not at that price for sure...Just my opinion, there is always another one available.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:15 PM   #20

Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
Registry
hi karalyn....i think that you made the right decision in not buying that casita. i understand how extremely tempting it must have been, with that trailer so close to you....but in light of the fact that it was not YOUR accident, where you would have known the full details of the accident, choosing to let it go was absolutely the right thing to do. good luck in your search.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:19 PM   #21

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karalyn View Post
I have been searching those sites listed daily. Nothing close to home and I am afraid to buy sight unseen. My 1st Scamp went to California and my second one to Massachusettes - both sight unseen by owners. Both new owners happy with purchase. I am honest and most people are, but still I am really scared to by sight unseen and have something shipped to me without my seeing it. If anyone sees a good deal out there let me know please. I am in no hurry as winter is coming soon, but I don't want to miss a nice one either.
Thanks again.
You could if you find one that interests you see if someone near to it can go look for you.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #22

Name: steve
Trailer: Shopping for dual axle Bigfoot
Montana
$8900 and you have to ask?

PASS

* salvage title mean no resale for you after to fix everything
* visible crack - no flippin way I'd buy anything with a 4 inch visible crack unless the almighty his/her-self told me it was "okay"
* door doesn't latch - does it leak

Take the thing to an automatic car wash and run it through...see if it's dry inside afterwards.

...and what about the FRAME underneath.

Too much risk - no potential for reward.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #23

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Unhappy Questionable eggs

Anything can be fixed, but you may end up paying more for fixing a questionable one than you would for a new one.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #24

Name: Karalyn
Trailer: Eggless for now but looking. currently own Amerilite 21 ft
Minnesota
Someone else bought it. I see it has been sold. For the buyers sake, I hope he/she has no problems with it.
I just felt - and with your confirmation here on the board, that I myself could not take that risk.
I went and looked at a old pop up yesterday. Boy, one look at that pop up told me I needed to scratch that idea off my list. If I do not have a Casita by next yr, I will buy or borrow a tent for the family reunion (or rent a motel room).
Hmmmmm, maybe I should have kept my Scamp until I had found a Casita I liked.
I will keep searching. I am seeing a lot of overpriced Casita's out there right now. I figure I should be able to get something in excellent condition for around $10,000 if I keep on looking.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #25

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RB and Bigfoot 21RB
British Columbia
Should you buy it? The fact that you are even asking means the answer is "no"

When you find the "right one", you won't be worried or concerned
Old 11-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #26

Name: David
Trailer: 16 foot Scamp
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karalyn View Post
Someone else bought it. I see it has been sold. For the buyers sake, I hope he/she has no problems with it.
I just felt - and with your confirmation here on the board, that I myself could not take that risk.
I went and looked at a old pop up yesterday. Boy, one look at that pop up told me I needed to scratch that idea off my list. If I do not have a Casita by next yr, I will buy or borrow a tent for the family reunion (or rent a motel room).
Hmmmmm, maybe I should have kept my Scamp until I had found a Casita I liked.
I will keep searching. I am seeing a lot of overpriced Casita's out there right now. I figure I should be able to get something in excellent condition for around $10,000 if I keep on looking.
Karalyn,
You have done the right thing IMO. I looked for a good used one for some time with no luck either. That is why I eventually ordered a new one. The few that I did find didn't really have the stuff I wanted and were priced pretty high. These trailers don't suffer the same depreciation as most. Still, buying a problem trailer is not the answer. I sure wish you luck
David

Tags
casita