Vertglas - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-01-2006, 07:58 AM   #15
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Well, Dave, so far I don't love it.

Decided to buy Collinite and try it on half my Burro. I already had the [b]street side done with Verglas when I ran out of it. So after you got me wondering if Collinite is better I got 2 pints, conditioner and boat wax, off that ebay auction. Yesterday I washed down entire burro with mild detergent and proceeded to apply the Collinite de-oxifier stuff to the [b]curb side. It did a very good job of cleaning the surface. However, just as with the Vertglas cleaner, some stains on roof refused to be removed. A lot of white muck build-up on the rag, which I assume was a result of the process attacking the oxidation. After it dried I wiped it down, as directed. Then the time came to apply the wax.

I applied two coats of wax to the curb side. Check out the results for yourself. In actuality the Vertglas (street) side is way more shiny compared to the dullish sheen of the Collinite (curb) side.

The Vertglas comes much closer to matching the gloss of the original gel coat revealed under the removed original Burro decal. My only thought in support of Collinite wax is maybe the paste can of it produces a better gloss than the liquid. As far as having to continue using the Vertglas #3 liquid, well it costs just about the same for a quart as your Collinite wax does.
The question is long term. Vertglas is a no brainer for shine over any wax in the world. I did not use the cleaner from Collinite as you did. The steps I mentioned in above replies got my cream gel-coat to a nice satiny shine of a finish. Once I applied the Collinite 925 Boat Wax, it created a nicer shine yet. Remember what I said about vertglas? As you are driving to your camp sites the dirt and dust will break down the vertglas pretty fast. You will notice this both at the front top and the top of the trailer in general. Wax is'nt an issue . Our 1st camp trip last weekend was in the 90's and sunny all 4 days. Had great time

Dave in Michigan
1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe

Dave Baston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:44 PM   #16
Name: Myron
Trailer: 19' Escape
You can say that again. Just applied a fourth coat of collinite wax, and still no shine. Decided to contact the Vertglas people directly and ask them about that road dirt and dust breakdown problem you had. Also asked if there's any wax I can apply over Vertglas as a buffer. Will post their response.

I like my eggs bright and shiny. Meanwhile, working fast as I can to get egg rolling and give those gel halves I been massaging the definitive reality test. Man! Lookit that bright and shiny baby moon! (Thank you, ebay seller in Oregon.)
Attached Thumbnails

Myron Leski is offline   Reply With Quote