vin number location - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: uhaul, 84, 13CT
Massachusetts
vin number location

Good Morning Everyone: I have a U Haul, 1984, 13 CT, Does anyone know where the VIN number might be located? I've looked everywhere I can think of. There's a plate on the side with various info, but no vin. Appreciate any help, as always Mike
h.mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Dont know about the uhaul Mike but the VIN is often stamped into the tongue of the trailer. On the older ones it has often been painted over many many times making it hard to find - if you run some chaulk all over the tongue you may find something.....
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:57 PM   #3

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.mike View Post
Good Morning Everyone: I have a U Haul, 1984, 13 CT, Does anyone know where the VIN number might be located? I've looked everywhere I can think of. There's a plate on the side with various info, but no vin. Appreciate any help, as always Mike
Hi Mike,
My 13 has the vin clearly stamped on the plate you mentioned, but as Carol said, I too have heard it should be stamped on the tongue but not on mine. Advise if you find it elsewhere, it would be good info to have.
Patti
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:19 PM   #4

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft
Mine is stamped on the tongue, Mike.
Patty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:12 AM   #5

Trailer: Teardrop
Registry
Not a U Haul but a Burro which is similar. Mine is on the coupler.

It cost me $7 for the DMV guy to walk outside and look at it.
Jim_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #6

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Mike,
I checked again and mine is also stamped on, but not on the tongue. It is on the large support that extends up where the propane tank sits. Hope this helps.
Patti
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #7

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keekers View Post
Hi Mike,
My 13 has the vin clearly stamped on the plate you mentioned, but as Carol said, I too have heard it should be stamped on the tongue but not on mine. Advise if you find it elsewhere, it would be good info to have.
Patti
Hi keekers: I found the last six digits of my VIN number on the plate. Does your plate have the entire number? I don't see anything resembling a VIN on the tongue. Not having it is'nt a crsis yet, but it could be. thanks MIkE
Old 10-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #8

Massachusetts
Thankyou everyone for your hints regarding VIN numbers. I have found a partial number on the plate attached to the camper itself. I'll keep looking and thanks. Mike
Old 10-03-2011, 05:36 AM   #9

Trailer: 84 U-Haul CT
vin number

Mike,

On my 13Ct, I found the vin number in 2 places. One was a paper sticker on the inside of the overhead box above the sink. The second place was beneath the floor at the rear of the trailer. UHaul would put a printed copy of the vin (when it was made, from the mfg), rolled and inserted into a tube beneath the trailer. Mine actually has the date made, unit number, vin number, and where it was being sent to (Mississippi). I hope you can find one or the other.

Marty D

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.mike View Post
Thankyou everyone for your hints regarding VIN numbers. I have found a partial number on the plate attached to the camper itself. I'll keep looking and thanks. Mike
Marty D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vin