I want to share a bit of knowledge that might be helpful to many.
My 1996 Bigfoot
2500 had a problem where the vinyl molding running all the way around, where the two halves are screwed together, was falling out. The old stuff was all dried up and shrunk.
Actually replacing this stuff is not difficult, the hard part is finding the right molding. They come in different sizes and different shapes, you know. I measured my width to be 7/8 inch.
I ordered 50 feet of some stuff that seemed like it would work. It fit PERFECTLY - woohoo!
So the stuff is from Factory RV Surplus in Elkhart Indiana (no, I have no affiliation with them).
The "Item Code" is X-D946-1W
The Description is "Screw Cover, #30 White, Flexible"
Price was thirty cents a foot. Oh, from my 50', I had 2' left over - cut it pretty close. And that was without any major mistakes. So that was $15 for the molding and $12.48 for shipping, for a total of $27.48.
I spent three hours on the job, starting with scrubbing the channel with a fingernail brush and hot soapy water. Pictures attached.
See you out there somewhere,