Waterproof Toilet Paper Holder - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2014, 05:48 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Waterproof Toilet Paper Holder

I could not bring myself to spend $30 for a waterproof TPH at West Marine. I found one on Amazon for around $17. and it is suction cup mounted. So far so good and it fits under the sink. It also has a place to store you cell phone or keys (checkout the pics) . The suction cup uses a screw to pull the cup back to get a heavy duty seal. I will let you know how it does after a camping trip.
Amazon.com - Suction Cup Waterproof Roll Holder / Toilet Paper Holder -
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:06 PM   #2

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
This is my waterproof TP holder. It sits on the floor under the sink within easy reach and has never leaked. Since I rescued it from the recycle bin, it didn't cost me a penny.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1412899551.609469.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	77379

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 10-09-2014, 06:27 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
I could not bring myself to spend $30 for a waterproof TPH at West Marine. I found one on Amazon for around $17. and it is suction cup mounted. So far so good and it fits under the sink. It also has a place to store you cell phone or keys (checkout the pics) . The suction cup uses a screw to pull the cup back to get a heavy duty seal. I will let you know how it does after a camping trip.
That's why Larry (Little House Customs) and I gave up on a TP holder design. We could beat West Marine pricing, but not this one....

Charlie Y

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:38 PM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
That wall mount one looks great and convenient, If you like it after a while you could mount it permanently. Assuming the suction cup doesn't hold all the time....

We have a diaper wipes container for a waterproof TP dispenser.
Remove the core from the TP and dispense it from the center through the top, then snap it closed. Works great.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0101.JPG   DSCF0102.JPG  

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #5

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Oh great! 3 good ideas for TP holders and all of them good .

I can see the need for the cell phone holder in the first one,but I beleave the blue one could also hold the cell phone. of course the suction cup mounted one has advantage of being there and ready. Then there is the white one,white just goes with everything,but no place for the cell phone.

I can see I will have to think on this Mod some more.

needless to say I like all 3 ideas,so thanks guys for sharing

Happy Camping
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #6

Name: Sharon
Trailer: UHaul
Massachusetts
Registry
I use a ziplock bag and tuck a small bottle of the toilet additive down the center of the toilet paper tube. Absolutely waterproof and easy to put away when not needed. Total cost? 0

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Sharon D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:33 PM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon D View Post
I use a ziplock bag and tuck a small bottle of the toilet additive down the center of the toilet paper tube. Absolutely waterproof and easy to put away when not needed. Total cost? 0

We do the same thing!
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:13 AM   #8

Trailer: Casita Patriot
Registry
an appropriately sized tupperware container works well also...

p@
patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:08 AM   #9

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon D View Post
I use a ziplock bag.........

We carry zip locks as part of our gear. I prefer the real "Glad" version but of course they all work. Sad to say, I do drink coffee otherwise I would have lots of nice containers.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:21 PM   #10

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
These are two ways you can store the toilet paper. A coffee can as mentioned earlier and an empty CD spindle.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
1413688778010.jpg  
MarkyVasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:06 PM   #11

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Quote:

. It also has a place to store you cell phone or keys
Why would you need to store your cell phone or keys in a toilet paper holder? Fear of seperation anxity?
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:51 AM   #12

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaz View Post
Why would you need to store your cell phone or keys in a toilet paper holder? Fear of seperation anxity?

My only thought on that would be that if someone were expecting an important phone call AND they wanted to shower, it might be easier to hear the ring if the phone were inside the bathroom? I can do without my phone for however long it takes to shower but each to their own.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:22 AM   #13

Name: Sharon
Trailer: UHaul
Massachusetts
Registry
oh I think you would be surprised to knowhow reading of the Fiberglass forum is done on the toilet

Sharon D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:31 AM   #14

Florida
If that is the case, why would someone need to put the phone inside a waterproof container......unless they had very messy bathroom habits! And the reason we have waterproof TP holders is to keep the TP dry when we shower.
No need to keep dry your phone,
When you are simply on the throne.

Sorry, couldn't resist the rhyme.

Old 10-19-2014, 12:25 PM   #15

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
I think it's a great idea to have a cell phone holder on top. It's not inside or sealed. If you look at the pictures there's a tray on top. My family always brought me blue cell phones because they carried the cell in their back pocket. When they went to the restroom the phone always managed to hit the lid and bounce into the blue water in the toilet. I guess you could call it blue toilet and not blue tooth.
Marky

MarkyVasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:36 PM   #16

Product review

After 1800 miles on the trailer after installing it I thought I would let you know what I found out using the holder.
I was impressed with the suction cup, the holder never came unmounted, 300 miles was over fairly rough roads and I had expected it to come off the wall. The suction cup has a screw device to ensure you really get a good seal to the wall.
The holder will only hold a standard size roll of TP. (Not a Jumbo) The indentions on the inside where the spring rod goes are shallow but it did hold the roll in place.
The holder is a top feeder and dispenses the paper with little pressure and if a little end of paper is sticking out the holder there is no need to lift the lid to dispense the paper.
I did not shower in the trailer but I did spray shower water around and over the holder, the paper on the roll stayed dry, only the little piece of paper hanging out the dispenser got wet.
Now for the cell phone holder, water collects in the holder on top as it would in a soap dish. When the top is lifted the water runs off the back and did not appear to get the roll of paper wet.
I would give it a 7 out of 10. Stays stuck to the wall, feeds paper easily and keeps the paper dry. Loading the roll and getting the spring rod into the indentions can be a bit of a challenge. Not a heavy duty product but it got the job done.
Eddie
Old 10-20-2014, 06:37 PM   #17

Duplicate Post

After 1800 miles on the trailer after installing it I thought I would let you know what I found out using the holder.
I was impressed with the suction cup, the holder never came unmounted, 300 miles was over fairly rough roads and I had expected it to come off the wall. The suction cup has a screw device to ensure you really get a good seal to the wall.
The holder will only hold a standard size roll of TP. (Not a Jumbo) The indentions on the inside where the spring rod goes are shallow but it did hold the roll in place.
The holder is a top feeder and dispenses the paper with little pressure and if a little end of paper is sticking out the holder there is no need to lift the lid to dispense the paper.
I did not shower in the trailer but I did spray shower water around and over the holder, the paper on the roll stayed dry, only the little piece of paper hanging out the dispenser got wet.
Now for the cell phone holder, water collects in the holder on top as it would in a soap dish. When the top is lifted the water runs off the back and did not appear to get the roll of paper wet.
I would give it a 7 out of 10. Stays stuck to the wall, feeds paper easily and keeps the paper dry. Loading the roll and getting the spring rod into the indentions can be a bit of a challenge. Not a heavy duty product but it got the job done.
Eddie
Old 10-20-2014, 07:08 PM   #18

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Eddie
after reading all the comments here on how to keep the TP dry I have to ask. Would it not be easier just to remove the roll of tp from its holder and put it outside the bathroom while shower and then return it to the holder after... what does that taken the way of time? 5 seconds each way?
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:21 PM   #19

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
My exact thoughts Carol, haven't had one wet roll yet
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #20

Name: Jason
Trailer: Egg Camper
Tennessee
The 5 seconds is not a problem. It's remembering to put it back after, or being the next one with an urgent potty call while the TP is sitting out of arms reach.

I think I might just use the top for a soap dish. Ironically that's the only bathroom I don't use the "smart" phone or pad while doing my business.

Jason
SilverGhost is offline   Reply With Quote