We brought another one home ! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-15-2009, 06:14 PM   #15

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Mary
Glad you got it. Hope you have as much fun with your 13ft as we did with ours.
Arlis & Nina

Old 10-19-2009, 12:13 AM   #16

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Mary, and congratulations on increasing the number of 'Eggs' in the family nest! We are in our 4th year of touring this gorgeous country in our Scamp 13 and look forward to many more years and miles of fun. Hope you will enjoy the same with your LoveBug! Perhaps our travel paths will cross one of these days. Wishing you safe journeys and many wonderful memories. Happy Trails - L 'n D

Old 11-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #17

Name: lee
Trailer: trailswest campsterl, 1996 Scamp 16 foot
Idaho
First congratulations to Mary (and kudos to Lisa for a really cool renovation ). Mary I know you will really enjoy a dry place to camp! My wife, Norma, and I just came back from a week on the Oregon coast ( on the way home from the Stub Stewart gathering ) and it rained daily. We really sympathized with the tent campers who were out in the wet. We backpacked New Mexico for many years and did not encounter to many rainy days in that area but it was really a mess when we did. I really like the flooring in the Love Bug and have a question for Mary, Lisa or Phil. Please tell me exactly what the floor covering is and what the installation process was. Thanks Lee
Old 11-02-2009, 07:22 AM   #18

Trailer: 16 ft Casita
Quote:
First congratulations to Mary (and kudos to Lisa for a really cool renovation ). Mary I know you will really enjoy a dry place to camp! My wife, Norma, and I just came back from a week on the Oregon coast ( on the way home from the Stub Stewart gathering ) and it rained daily. We really sympathized with the tent campers who were out in the wet. We backpacked New Mexico for many years and did not encounter to many rainy days in that area but it was really a mess when we did. I really like the flooring in the Love Bug and have a question for Mary, Lisa or Phil. Please tell me exactly what the floor covering is and what the installation process was. Thanks Lee
The floor covering is linoleum that has a wood floor design. It came from Lowe's ( Home Depot also sells it) and it was approx. $15.00 for a 9'x12' remnant. It was very easy to put down. Just apply the glue, which came in a qt can, , let it sit until it is tacky, then proceed to lay the linoleum down. It is very easy to do. It took less than 2 hours for the entire floor to be installed.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #19

Name: lee
Trailer: trailswest campsterl, 1996 Scamp 16 foot
Idaho
Quote:
The floor covering is linoleum that has a wood floor design. It came from Lowe's ( Home Depot also sells it) and it was approx. $15.00 for a 9'x12' remnant. It was very easy to put down. Just apply the glue, which came in a qt can, , let it sit until it is tacky, then proceed to lay the linoleum down. It is very easy to do. It took less than 2 hours for the entire floor to be installed.
Lisa Thanks for the response. I will be checking it out and am looking forward to replacing the carpet we currently have. On a recent trip we had a front winddow leak which in turn caused the carpet to get wet. It rained then for a solid week
leaving us with a miserable mess that never dried out. I now understand why so many of the eggs have hardwood or linoleum floors and I intend to follow suit. Thanks again Lee
Old 02-28-2010, 08:09 AM   #20

Name: Phil
Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
Odem,Texas
Send a message via AIM to Phil Underwood
Quote:
I was wondering why you were hanging out at Lisa's camper at Pine Knot! Congratulations on another fine purchase. Should be an interesting sight with the former police car towing the Love Bug!

Nita
Attached Thumbnails
100_1725.JPG  
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #21

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Are colors not allowed in Texas?
Old 03-01-2010, 11:13 AM   #22

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Are colors not allowed in Texas?
Maybe it's too hot.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #23

Odem,Texas
Quote:
Maybe it's too hot.
it usually is

Attached Thumbnails
Retired_cop_car___13__Casita.jpg  
Old 03-03-2010, 10:55 AM   #24

Name: Bill & Sandra Hanna
Trailer: 19' 2011 Escape
Texas
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to bill&sandra
You all are just the best! That little lovebug looks wonderful! I really like the beautiful workwork on the side ac unit! May have to show to hubby. We are still working on the 19 and that might me a solution--just panel that whole area. We want to install a side ac like where ours in the '13 is and are still scratching our heads over details. In particular, how to vent it so it looks attractive--not like the odd job on ours! ha!
Congrats on the new baby! She's a beaut!

Quote:

we have to say Lisa did an excellent job restoring this camper

Old 03-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #25

Trailer: Vintage
Quote:
it usually is
Hi Phil, The little Love Bug looks good. I have a friend that also has a Love Bug camper. It's a 1973 model. What year is this one? Have you seen many of these? Do you know much about the Love Bug? We have not seen another one in this area, North Carolina. We went to a couple of fiberglass rallies and asked and no one had heard of these. Any info you have we would be intrested in.

Brent
Old 03-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #26

Odem,Texas
its a 1973, and this is the only one i have ever seen.

Lisa " the one who restored this camper" might be able to shed some more info on these
Old 03-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #27

Trailer: Vintage
Quote:
its a 1973, and this is the only one i have ever seen.

Lisa " the one who restored this camper" might be able to shed some more info on these
Do you know if she has any paperwork on this camper. The one my friend got had the original manul with it except one corner had been chewed on by a mouse. If she doesn't and would like a copy we could make a copy and mail to you. Is the name on the side a decal or an emblem? Is that original or reproduction?
Thanks, Brent
Old 03-03-2010, 08:35 PM   #28

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Check out the Love Bug album, eleven pictures between the two:
Love Bug Album

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote