Old 02-25-2007, 07:25 PM   #15

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs down

Quote:
We are getting ready to order a new [b]16' Scamp Side Dinette.
I think the best feature, for Californians, is PTI registration.
Just make sure it is Titled as a [b]Camp Trailer and not a <strike>Trailer Coach</strike>!
The savings in registration fees will be significant on a new unit.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:33 AM   #16

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I've stated this before...I wish my trailer had every overhead cabinet made! Sigh. Mine has none.

I've never used the Suburban furnace...I don't boondock when I'd need a heater. If I need the heater I'm plugged in and use a cube heater.

I don't need A/C...Oregon parks have trees to park under and there's usually a cool ocean breeze at the beach. But I wish I had a powered vent fan tho.

Mine didn't come with a porch light...I'm going to install one.

Don't know if the new trailers come standard with the rear window as a glass slider...mine is non-opening plexiglass...going to change that too.

I put on an A&E Case Awning...Scamp doesn't sell nor install this awning...but Casita does! So I now have one on my trailer

I'd order with every option I could afford. It will sell faster at a higher price...if and when that time comes. Also stop the nickle and dime mod factor (or is that dollar and five-dollar mod factor )

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:10 AM   #17

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: A Cat heater What will they think of next???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 02-26-2007, 12:02 PM   #18

Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
I wish my trailer had ME in it more often !!!!!
Joe
Old 02-26-2007, 12:39 PM   #19

Name: Larry
Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Washington
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
I've stated this before...I wish my trailer had every overhead cabinet made! Sigh. Mine has none.

I'd order with every option I could afford. It will sell faster at a higher price...if and when that time comes. Also stop the nickle and dime mod factor (or is that dollar and five-dollar mod factor )
YUP- --shortage of storage space was the biggest gripe the wench and I had.... But, now we have it.... At the same time as the other repairs last year, (dorway, frame, axle, etc) We built cupboards very similar as the Deluxe models have. All the way around in tha back over bed/dinette and a front shelf over the gaucho/bunk. No more suitcases.. (and griping as to whose bag was in the way) Next are drawers under the permanent bed... Larry
Old 02-26-2007, 01:18 PM   #20

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Boler and 1980 Trillium 5500
My whole family is really delighted with our Boler, and there are only a couple things that we wish we had. Our greatest desire is for a complete solar system. We like to boondock, and a solar set-up would be just great for us.
We do use our trailer in cold temps, at least I do, and the Suburban furnace is a God send. It's the old style, with no fan, which is perfect, since it draws no battery power. That said, the other system I would love to have is a hot water radiant heat system, with coils beneath the 'glass floor. That would be the bees-knees and I hope to pull it off some day. Cheers, Alec
Old 02-26-2007, 02:46 PM   #21

Name: Benita
Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Georgia
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Quote:
That said, the other system I would love to have is a hot water radiant heat system, with coils beneath the 'glass floor. That would be the bees-knees and I hope to pull it off some day. Cheers, Alec
Maybe until then: Heated Floor Mats
Old 02-27-2007, 08:48 AM   #22

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
I think i already posted on this thread but also would have liked a bigger refrigerator... being a standard 5th wheel it only comes with the small one
Old 02-27-2007, 06:13 PM   #23

Name: Patty
Trailer: Casita 13 ft
Texas
My new Casita didn't come with a cabana boy to serve me drinks and cater to my every whim! Oh yea, thats hubby's job! I won't hold my breath on that one!

Wishes... wishes... let me see.

All kidding aside, learn from our mistake. I don't care if your trailer is new or used ... when you get it home put a coat of WAX on it immediately. We didn't, it's been 2 months now and yep, we keep having to wash the rainwater and grime off and are waiting for nice weather on a weekend to get that wax on!

I wish it came with a little nicer screen door. It appears sort of flimsy to me. I've seen mods on this site where folks have made some really kickin' screen doors! I want one!

Lastly, I wish it came with built in shelves in the closet. The closet is angled funny and not flat on the floor bottom. Holy cow - its been an ordeal to try to find some type of shelving that will fit and work for us! (Sadly, we aren't handy people - pooh!)

Thats it. We do love our fiberglass trailer and except for the cabana boy part, its all just minor stuff!
Old 03-07-2007, 09:01 AM   #24

Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500 Deluxe / 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 Access cab 2.7l
Shakira would be nice
Old 03-09-2007, 12:18 PM   #25

Trailer: 1990 Scamp 16 ft
Quote:
Shakira would be nice
I'll ask, but I doubt she'll want to leave my trailer
Old 03-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #26

Name: Terry
Trailer: 17 ft Bigfoot and 19 ft Scamp
Oregon
An electric outlet outside under the awning is a must, In the 4 years we used our Scamp deluxe we only used the AC twice. We never used the furnace even in Alaska, we used an electric cube. When boondocking we discovered that by the time the coffee was done perking on the stove the trailer was cozy. The side dinette is very uncomfortable though it came in handy as we like to leave the bed made up. Dotty
Old 03-09-2007, 10:10 PM   #27

Trailer: 2003 16 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe Side Dinette
Thanks to everyone for all of their great ideas. In a sudden turn of events, when we went to see a local Scamp 16' Side Dinette recommended by the factory this past weekend, the owner told us he had decided to sell. It was in near new condition and he wanted a fair price, so we bought it on the spot. So we are now owners of a 2003 16' Scamp Custom Side Dinette. He had to get his stuff out so I pick it up on this coming Wednesday afternoon. It has most of the options we were interested in, but I will out figure out how to add the few it didn't. The biggest missing item is no A/C. My wife is sensitive to heat. We have a smallish portable A/C at home, so I will try to adapt the vent hose to work in a window and take it along only the times where we may encounter hot weather. It may work out great not to have the extra weight most of the time. We will try it with just the Fantastic Fan at first and see how it works out.

A special thanks to Frederick Simson for his PTI suggestion. I believe this trailer is already registered that way, but I have an appointment with the DMV after I pick up the trailer and will make sure I have it.

John
Old 03-09-2007, 10:54 PM   #28

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
John, thats fantastic! what a lucky co-inky dink!