What is it? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-01-2005, 03:34 PM   #15

Name: Pete
Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Tennessee
You need to market that puppy, then have Weber buy you out and retire.

Old 12-02-2005, 05:55 AM   #16

Name: Lyndon
Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
Minnesota
Quote:
You need to market that puppy, then have Weber buy you out and retire.
Been there done that 10 years ago. similar but not weber.

Old 12-05-2005, 11:51 AM   #17

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
So, is there a list of items one needs to make up one of these cool cast iron swing sets? Or are you not going to share your secret, "ingredients list"? Everyone should have one of those!
Old 12-05-2005, 12:11 PM   #18

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Elsie, Lyndon kinda, sorta talked about it here:Stainless steel, etc.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:34 PM   #19

Minnesota
Of corse there are many ways to make one similar to this one , But of coarse I have the left overs from the days when I had a production Machine shop, So I made it from what I had lying around, and of corse a few machines that I kept. Almost need the use of an engine lathe for the way I made mine I am sure one could be made with just a welder. Mine assembles in about 3 min with no tools .All conections are slip pins. I will of corse send anyone closer pictures if interested. I am sure the frame could be made from elictrical conduit which would be plated and rust free.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:04 AM   #20

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
Lyndon you did a great job on this. Since you said you were not taking orders, I hope you don't mind if I tell others where they can get one and other supplies for their dutch ovens.

I just resently purchased a tripod and lid lifter from ebay. A guy in Texas makes these.
If any one is interested in one of these go to ebay and do a search under sellers for
btoutdoors. The sellers name is Brad Hayes. There is one similar to the one Lyndon made up for auction right now. Starting bid is .99 and no bids have been placed yet. Brad is great and is willing to work with you on special orders and size of items if you contact him. He gave me one heck of a deal on my tripod and lid lifter and even made a special lid lifter for me a little smaller than usual so that it will fit in a trailer. It is a gift for my grandmother but I am thinking about getting myself one also. Brad makes his out of cast iron I think but his shipping prices are not bad. I was very impressed with everything about the items I purchased from Brad. He is a very nice and friendly guy and was more than fair in his pricing and shipping costs. Brad even put it in the mail to me before he received my payment, just so I could have it before Xmas. So if anyone is interested please check out btoutdoors auctions. He makes a varitey of items for dutch ovens. The tripod I purchased in different than the one Lyndon made but Brad also has those. If anyone wants to contact Brad Hayes via email regarding a special order PM me and I will send you his email address. I can't say enough nice things about Brad or his products. He really does outstanding work and will bind over backwards to make you what you want and I think his prices are more than reasonable. So for anyone that is interested in dutch oven accessories please check this out.

Lyndon, what are you going to cook up on your new tripod?
Old 12-22-2005, 06:03 AM   #21

Minnesota
Quote:
Lyndon, what are you going to cook up on your new tripod?
one of the things I always do is Sawmill gravy as I posted in the cooking thing below.We do all of our cooking for the 10 days we are at the Bluegrass fest in Eminence Mo in April.
I have restored a wood rangr that I have set up in my shop here on the farm and do a lot of practicing durring the winter months
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wood_range.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	675