What was it used for origionally - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Name: Doreen
Trailer: in the market just passed on the Burro
California
Posts: 4
Question What was it used for origionally

Hello fellow travelers. After much consideration we decided to pass on our recent purchase of the 13' U-Haul. Loved it, had solar, air conditioner, heat...everything worked, BUT your forum scared me about the door. This particular one had a door that had shifted. Not being handy I was afraid it would fall off while transporting.Then I would not have a way to fix it. Sounds like the Burro has issues with doors. And the price was on the highest side. Still interested, but my gut said to pass on this particular purchase. OK enough reasoning. So what was the compartment UNDER the sink next to the refridgerator used for? Curiosity is killing this cat! Too small for icebox.
__________________

__________________
jetsettingpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Things happen for a reason Doreen, that was not the trailer for you. Sorry, can't answer the cubby question, but now my curiosity is in high gear too.
__________________

__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
Moderator
 
Pam Garlow's Avatar
 
Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Posts: 3,220
Registry
Doreen, I have a 13ft UH. That area is an empty storage area, with a part of the wheel well extending into it. I use it for my 'utility closet' to hold rags, bug spray, etc. Good luck on the trailer hunting
__________________
Pam Garlow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Mike Magee's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Posts: 5,142
When I bought my Burro from Floyd here on the forum, he commented about how strong and good the hinges were. I really was always impressed with them, too. But I guess neither of us considered that what the hinges fasten into could be a weak link. Sorry you got spooked... it might have given you years of pleasure... or years of aggravation, who knows! Same is true of any trailer or any relatively expensive mechanical item one buys. Hard to know which things are lemons and which are diamonds in the rough. All we can do sometimes is roll the dice....
__________________
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:11 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Name: Doreen
Trailer: in the market just passed on the Burro
California
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Things happen for a reason Doreen, that was not the trailer for you. Sorry, can't answer the cubby question, but now my curiosity is in high gear too.
I believe that also.
Well if you learn the answers to the mystery box space...PLEASE let us all know. Much appreciated.
__________________
jetsettingpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:12 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Name: Doreen
Trailer: in the market just passed on the Burro
California
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
When I bought my Burro from Floyd here on the forum, he commented about how strong and good the hinges were. I really was always impressed with them, too. But I guess neither of us considered that what the hinges fasten into could be a weak link. Sorry you got spooked... it might have given you years of pleasure... or years of aggravation, who knows! Same is true of any trailer or any relatively expensive mechanical item one buys. Hard to know which things are lemons and which are diamonds in the rough. All we can do sometimes is roll the dice....

So true Mike. So true...
__________________
jetsettingpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:14 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Name: Doreen
Trailer: in the market just passed on the Burro
California
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Doreen, I have a 13ft UH. That area is an empty storage area, with a part of the wheel well extending into it. I use it for my 'utility closet' to hold rags, bug spray, etc. Good luck on the trailer hunting
Pam the space will get used...in these little babies we need all the cubby space available, I was just wondering about what the odd shape and design were origionally created for...
__________________
jetsettingpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Bruce Thomas's Avatar
 
Name: Bruce T
Trailer: Compact jr
Indiana
Posts: 727
Registry
its a storage area...packed full in ours!
__________________
Bruce Thomas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:34 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Posts: 409
Registry
Thumbs up

On my '84, the compartment is original as an insert with a UHaul door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsettingpixie View Post
Hello fellow travelers. After much consideration we decided to pass on our recent purchase of the 13' U-Haul. Loved it, had solar, air conditioner, heat...everything worked, BUT your forum scared me about the door. This particular one had a door that had shifted. Not being handy I was afraid it would fall off while transporting.Then I would not have a way to fix it. Sounds like the Burro has issues with doors. And the price was on the highest side. Still interested, but my gut said to pass on this particular purchase. OK enough reasoning. So what was the compartment UNDER the sink next to the refridgerator used for? Curiosity is killing this cat! Too small for icebox.
__________________
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:58 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Posts: 203
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by keekers View Post
On my '84, the compartment is original as an insert with a UHaul door.
I was told by a woman who has worked for Uhaul since the eighties that the liners on the inside of the cabinets where to make it easier to clean them out after being rented and to assure that none of the renters personal items found their way into hard to reach spaces. She told me she was glad Uhaul got out of the business because she hated cleaning them up after they returned. Now that they are in private hands, I am sure they are finally loved and cared for properly.

All the Uhauls I have seen have proven to be hardy trailers and built for renting, IE: Taking Abuse daily but always ready for action. They are great trailers, cute, and very collectable as well.

The nice thing about these campers is that unlike a boat the modifications and work you put into them last. Yes you will find yourself motivated to improve and purhaps customize your little camper but your investment will last.

If A boat is a hole in the water you throw money in, a fiberglass rv is a hole in your driveway you invest money in.
__________________

__________________
Markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.