Where to find Rat Fur?! - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-18-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
Trailer: Lil Bigfoot
Greetings all,

My little egg is but a shell of it's former self. I'm ready to recover the walls (everything's been stripped, sanded and hit with acetone). I've read 3M 90 is the stuff to use. For insulation I'll be using the foil faced/backed bubble stuff from the hardware store - seems to be a common insulator (I think Scamp uses something similar).

My problem is the wall covering itself. I've had samples sent from IR foam, Gary's foam shop and another automotive place that sells headliner material. I thought I was sold on the foam backed vinyl until I started seeing the Scamp interiors with the 'rat fur'.

I can't find the stuff . The only place I've seen it is on the Scamp website, but they want 200 dollars for shipping alone, to Canada.

Does anyone know the technical name for the stuff, and if it's available anywhere else (US/CANADA). Surely there must be a place that will ship it for less.

Also I was told it would take 27 sq yards to do a 13' trailer. Does this sound right?

Thanks in advance!

Mike Whitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:51 PM   #2
Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Mike, give me a local call and I will show you what we have for my compact junior which I obtained from Escape trailers, it is what they use for their interior.
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)