Winter Cover - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-25-2007, 08:23 AM   #15

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
What types of cover??
This year I put it inside the garage. I covered it with a big poly sheet a couple of times but have left it uncovered for the last ten years and see no significant difference.
OTOH This time of year it's covered with several inches of maple leaves and later will have c 2 foot covering of snow.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:32 PM   #16

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2007 Bigfoot 25' Rear Queen
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Does anyone store their trailer at a storage rental facility? Our new-to-us Uhaul 16ft VT will be put into storage November 1st at a secure rental facility near by. Gated, garaged, and ability to plug in so the deep-cell battery stays charged. The storage garage is large enough for the egg, and my 89 Buick Reatta. $110 a month for secure, dry storage for both 'toys' for the winter.

I didn't think that price was bad, and didn't want her tucked away into a larger facility incase we can take her to Florida for a couple weeks this winter, and we'd be unable to get her out whenever we wanted. Even if to work on new cushions or maybe a new gel coat (after all, she IS 22yrs old).

So no one else stores their egg in such a facility for the winter? We have community rules about keeping her in our driveway over the winter, and outside storage in a yard didn't sound appealing.

Are we spoiling her?
How interesting...and rare...to assign a gender (her) to an inanimate object such as a trailer. I MUST think some more about that. P.S. I'm a 1974 grad of the Univ. of Akron. Got tired of shoveling snow so now I get to shovel rain!

Ron

Old 10-29-2007, 08:23 AM   #17

Trailer: Trillium
Hi,

I thought I might not cover the trailer so that I could have unfettered access to the trailer over the winter to work on a few projects but I was finding that the leaves were accumulating on the roof and were staining it. In fact, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but water does collect a bit on the roof on either side of the raised portion and makes a nasty brown soup when mixed with leaves. So, I rinsed it off and wrapped up the trailer in a tarp. This will hopefully make everything last longer and I will just have to undo one corner to get into the door.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Old 10-29-2007, 08:36 AM   #18

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2003 Casita 16' SD
Michigan
Registry
Quote:
How interesting...and rare...to assign a gender (her) to an inanimate object such as a trailer. I MUST think some more about that. P.S. I'm a 1974 grad of the Univ. of Akron. Got tired of shoveling snow so now I get to shovel rain!

Ron
I wondered the same thing...
Trailer Gender Poll