Winter cover for Bigfoot 17? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2017, 01:59 PM   #1

Name: Kevin (Ken)
Trailer: Bigfoot 17, 1988
Wisconsin
Winter cover for Bigfoot 17?

Does anyone know of a particular brand and size of cover that fits well on a Bigfoot 17? If my trailer doesn't sell, I'd kind of like to cover it for the winter, so I don't have to spruce it up so much in spring.

I tried to cover it once with a giant tarp. Luckily, it was windy that day and I quickly realized that it would flap around so much it would end up damaging the trailer so I gave it up. It seems clear that if the trailer is exposed to the wind, a cover needs to fit very well not to cause more problems than it averts.
pindraak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:01 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
We are using a ShieldAll cover from the ELITE MOTOR ONLINE store on EBAY for our new to us Boler 1700. We have had it on the camper for 1 year and are hoping to get one more year out of it so that we can finish sealing all of the leaks in the camper before permanently removing the cover. We covered all sharp edges on the camper before putting on the cover.

I see that Elite Motor Online has also listed a ShieldAll cover for the Bigfoot 17.

There are no holes or rips so far. It is a pretty good fit for the Boler 17 with elastic along the bottom in front and rear, and 3 lateral snugger straps across the bottom. Also there is a zippered roll up panel for accessing the door.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:01 AM   #3

Name: David
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
I bought a cover last year for my Bigfoot B17 from Calmark which is in California. A friend of mine did the same for their Bigfoot and it worked great for the rainy winter we had. They should have the measurements in their system so you probably won't have to fill in the dimensions on the info sheet you need to fill out. Here are a few photos of someone else that has the same cover.
Attached Thumbnails
CalMark BigFootPhotos (2).jpg   CalMark BigFootPhotos (3).jpg  

CalMark BigFootPhotos (1).jpg  
Dave Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:05 PM   #4

Name: Tryonbrewer
Trailer: Northern Lite
South Carolina
Cover

CoverQuest, AKA Carver Industries, in Landrum, SC makes two grades of covers for almost every trailer on the market. I've got their covers on a boat and also on my Northern Lite TC and have found the fit, materials and quality of construction to be among the best anywhere.
tschager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:50 PM   #5

Name: Linda
Trailer: Escape
Colorado
Those pictures posted of a Calmark cover look like the cover was not well-fitted to the camper. The Calmark we had for our Scamp was pretty snug-fitted which I understand is important to keep it from "scratching" the camper's finish. You don't want the cover to blow with the wind.
“Casa Swany”
ljswanson53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:29 AM   #6

Name: Kevin (Ken)
Trailer: Bigfoot 17, 1988
Wisconsin
Thanks. I'll check into these options. The pics do look a little loose to me. It depends on how much wind in your area and how soft the inside of the cover is, I suppose.
pindraak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot