Winterizing - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2006, 02:04 PM   #21

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Everything is perfect except this :
You should never put any kind of stress on the frame. Keep it on wheels.

And this :
Yes that would cause stress and particularly uneven stress which is even worst. That would also be bad for your refrigerator.
Hi: What about changing wheels and tires for a pair of compact spares from the wreckers. As long as the bolt pattern is the same...leave the trailer on wheels for the winter!!! Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:40 PM   #22

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Quote:
Where can I buy a Gnats Hair for my drain
You have to harvest them on your own.

First, go get a LITTLE set of clippers.....
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:05 AM   #23

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
You have to harvest them on your own.

First, go get a LITTLE set of clippers.....
Hi: Sorry Gina...I only have a pair of Geezer Tweezers to pull out whats left of MYYYYYYYYYYYYYY hair!!! I'd have lots of hair if it was in a bowl of soup... Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:14 PM   #24

Trailer: 87 13 ft Scamp
As I read through this, water is the real issue. I've never put water in any of the tanks. So is leaving the SCAMP outside during the winter all bad? Have some done it w/o a problem? I do plan to remove all food products. But I am thinking about using the SCAMP a couple times during the winter. Even if it is just an over-night to do some xc skiing up north. I'm in MINN. Thanks for your thoughts in advance.
Steve B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:26 PM   #25

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Steve, although some members of this forum are fortunate enough to have a garage which can accommodate their trailer, I think very few RVs of any kind are stored indoors over the winter in this area - and we do get real winter. If there is no water in the plumbing, and snow loads on the roof are managed, I don't see a problem.

My B1700 has probably never seen the inside of a building, other than when it was made and when it has been into RV dealerships (or car washes) for maintenance. I have an open-sided shelter - still to be assembled - and if the Boler fits I'll put it under there; however, there's little chance I will ever have a garage for it.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:11 PM   #26

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Steve, my Scamp 16' lived outside all last winter. It didn't complain at all.

While my 25' trailer will enjoy being in enclosed storage for the winter, my 17' trailer will stay outside at the house and get used!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:28 PM   #27

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Roger, I too have been wondering about what to do with my 16 ft scamp for the winter. We purchased it 2-1-06 and it sat out side since then. Do you think it is neccesary to store them indoors fro the winter? My only real concern might be the snow weight and how to deal with that.
Dan B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:08 AM   #28

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Use Gel-Gloss on it twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall. Wash it regularly and it'll be fine outside. The roofs in those built in the last fifteen or so years are all braced for A/C units. They won't accumulate enough snow to be a weight problem.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote