1-800-call Dometic - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2002, 08:58 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
1-800-call Dometic

We keep our trailer at a storage yard. Usually a day or two before we leave, I run down, fire up the refrigerator to cool it down (although with morning temps, this really isn't necessary) ... but old habits die young, so this morning, I drove down to fire up the refrig.

When I attempted to turn the selector knob from off togas, the litte knobbie dealie came off in my hand.

Hmmm, after several unsuccess attempts of trying to reseat the knob, I finally bent over and looked at the situation.

Like knobs everywhere, a little half-moon metal rod sticks into a half-moon in the plastic knob ... and yes, like happens on my BBQ grill, etc, the little plastic knob half-moon broke off, and is now a 3/4 moon (we've already got close to 200 nights in our trailer (our third one!), so the knob's been used alot!)

So I grabbed my vice-grips and turned the refrigerator from off to gas ... came home and called Dometic.

I was very pleased with their reaction ...

Without so much as a serial number, a purchase date, etc, all the nice lady on the other end of the phone wanted out of me was the model of the refrigerator and my name/address/etc ... and she's sending me a free knob.

Now, knowing how I like to travel prepared ... I'm wondering if I should order (and pay for) a second knob ... so that the next time this happens, I'll have a new knob.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 08:23 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I can't believe it!

I can't believe it!

The replacement control knob showed up today (Friday) ... in time for me to taking camping this weekend! They overnighted the part!

I ordered it yesterday morning (Thursday) ... the Dometic warehouse is in Elkhart, IN -- the RV capital of the world. I'm in Illinois.

But still, am I impressed with that service!

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote