12 volt computer - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2003, 08:58 PM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Sorry your having trouble, Joe. We appear to be haveing some post that aren't loading. We hope to find out the cause and clear up the problem. Glad you kept trying.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 04:17 AM   #22

That's correct

This model laptop has the adapter built in, I have an old compact the same.
all you have is a cord like a razor to plug in right?
------------------------------------------------------
You are correct Joe, just a razor like cord, no converter. There is no writing around there, just a little wavey line like a "Tilda" .

I guess I'll play it safe and go hug a tree when the battery runs down. A person needs a little creative "Thinking" time now and then anyway.
Thanks everyone!!!! What a gang, What a gang!

Old 07-04-2003, 10:37 AM   #23

weird. I have another toshiba like that but it's a 110CS. I thought anything newer than that would have the external adapter. You might have to go the expensive inverter route then. If you get a cheap one, there's a chance you'll blow the power supply inside the laptop due to the square wave output of cheap inverters. Try to find one that claims to have 'sine wave output' or that shows the output on a graph on the back in the form of a sine wave. But beware, you can expect to pay upwards of a few hundred dollars on a small one. Might end up being cheaper to buy a used laptop with an external power pack. I know it sounds dumb...