12 volt outlets - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-03-2016, 08:45 PM   #15
Name: gretchen
Trailer: scamp 13'
We have a 2014 13 scamp and I had an extra 12volt plug added. Here is what works for me. If plugged into shore power (120 volt) use a plug in charger. If running off the battery use the 9 volt charger. I take both with me to charge up devices.

gretchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:37 PM   #16
Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Gordon and others....I stand corrected! The 12v outlets ARE an option. I finally pulled my invoice tonight to verify and yes, back in 2010 they were $30 each. The first one they installed at the end of the kitchen cabinet to which I've since moved elsewhere. And as I said earlier, I had them install one on the bulkhead as you come in my door.

The "standard outlet" provided is an electrical 120v one also located on the end of the cabinet. I DID have an extra 120v outlet installed at the bottom of my closet. It has been VERY handy and so has my 12v outlets. I've since added an outside outlet and ran it to the one I had installed at the closet. The only thing I did different was replace the closet outlet with a GFI since the down stream (outside outlet) is accessible from outside my Scamp.

Sorry for the mis-info.

Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
Not that it really matters but I am quite sure than even the first 12 VDC outlet is an option only ($30 at last check).

I added two 12 VDC outlets and one two port USB outlet myself because I did not like the location where Scamp puts them.

Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote