12V Coolers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2003, 07:34 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
12V Coolers

The problem:
Have 73 Trillium with original 3-way Dometic fridge. Works excellent on all the modes, except, cannot adjust the temperature when travelling on 12-volt mode. Also an RV dealer told us that there is potentially a problem with overheating. We couldn't touch the 12-volt fuse cause it was too hot, so that mode is out of the question. But when we travel in the gas mode, the pilot lite won't stay lit. Keeps blowing out. But the gas and 110 mode both work great when parked.

My problem is that I have medication (insulin) that I must keep at a temperature between 35 & 50 degrees F. I have checked out many types of coolers, but none of them have temperature controls on them, and they state that depending on the ambient temperature outside, stuff inside could freeze or could warm to dangerous levels.

Has anyone found a cooler with a temperature control, or has anybody else had the same dilemma of the pilot lite staying lit when underway and come up with a solutiion.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 07:54 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
hot fuse in trillium .

I had the same problem. seems the fuse holder builds up some crud on it and creates a high reistance contact. I removed the inline fuse and installed one of the newer automotive type fuse holders. line no longer gets hot and reffer stays cool in batery mode. I to have to keep medicine cool i use a small portable cooler and keep ice packs in freezer compartment so far it works better then trying to regulat the refrigerator with out going out side every night to turn it down
daytime box runs about 37 to 40 with out side temp in hi 70's low 80's but at night it drops to 28 to 29 when outside temps drop in to the 50's. thats on battery or 110 . in gas mode temp control is much harder for me because finding the level spot for the gas to work right and still keep inside at a near comfoatble level . I really need to take the refrigerator and re level it to the rest of the trailer.
but then i like sleeping on a slant lol
Al

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote