13' Boler - chrome bar between countertop and overhead cabinets - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-18-2003, 12:36 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
13' Boler - chrome bar between countertop and overhead cabinets

In some pictures, I see this chrome handle between the top of the countertop and the bottom of the overhead cabinets. We just have a hole in the top of the countertop so it must have been removed.

1. Do we need it for strengthening the overhead cabinets?
2. Is it just a chrome bar like a shower curtain bar?
3. Does it just go from the top of the countertop to the bottom of the overhead cabinets or does it go to the floor / ceiling?
4. If needed, does anyone have any idea where to get one / what to use?

Thanks for your help.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 01:01 PM   #2

Chrome bar

The one in mine resembles closet bars. It's definately NOT structural (mine moves all over the place, I can even pull it down a few inches). It's there to hide/protect the wiring that runs from the breaker box (in mine) up to the lighting installed in the upper cabinets. It only needs to be replaced if you're running wiring, and even then you've got a world of options of how to do that (PVC, track stuck to the wall etc).

mkw

Old 06-18-2003, 01:52 PM   #3

Chrome bar

Thx. - that's good to know.

I was concerned it added some kind of regidity, but if it's only to hide the wires - they already are hdden next to the cupboards.

So no chrome bar!

;)

Old 06-18-2003, 04:56 PM   #4

13' Boler Chrome Bar

We are re-routing our wiring and thought we would use the hole from the pipe for a 12v outlet. Would be handy for things on the sink or stove cover.

Old 06-26-2003, 10:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Orginally posted by Barbara Gardin

We are re-routing our wiring and thought we would use the hole from the pipe for a 12v outlet. Would be handy for things on the sink or stove cover.
Howdy, Not a good spot for a 12v receptacle. Just think of all the little things that could drop into it and you would have to keep a pair of tweezers handy to clean it out ....But then again watch out for shorts caused by the tweezers. Better to drill a hole in the front of your counter near the 120 v out let and install it there.....Benny

Tags
boler