? 13' Boler clearance heights - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2006, 07:54 AM   #1

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
The garage I had look at my boler before bidding on ebay said it looked like it was sitting low and that the axle may need replacing. I know they are not familiar with the Boler and was wondering if there was any guides as to how high the trailer normally sits and when the axle should be replaced.

What are your ground clearance heights from the ground to the bottom of the frame at the front and rear of the box?

What is your clearance from the top of the tire to the wheel well?

Just in case there were differences in model years or manufacture locations having that info might help. Mine is a 72 American Boler from Whichita, KS.

What is the standard hitch height?

Thanks,
Roy
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:48 AM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1982 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
What is the standard hitch height?
Roy;

Don't know about Bolers specifically, but here is a link to specific trailer lighting.

http://www.redneck-trailer.com/2004/J/PagesJ-2-J-4.pdf

Vic
Victor Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:48 AM   #3

Trailer: 73 Boler
My 13' was pretty low when i got it. I had to put 2 inch spacers above the axle. So right now the top of the fender is just above the top of the rim. 14 inch rims.
colin k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:49 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Roy, did you ever get a full response to your questions back in 2006 regarding your Boler and the measurements you were questioning? I just purchased a 73 Boler and it is also very low to the ground compared to pictures I have seen on-line. Before I tow it to a dealer to have it checked out, I would like to know whether it is really necessary to take it in and maybe be charged unnecessary dollars. Thanks, Judy
Judy Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:22 PM   #5

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Roy, did you ever get a full response to your questions back in 2006 regarding your Boler and the measurements you were questioning? I just purchased a 73 Boler and it is also very low to the ground compared to pictures I have seen on-line. Before I tow it to a dealer to have it checked out, I would like to know whether it is really necessary to take it in and maybe be charged unnecessary dollars. Thanks, Judy
No I did not get all the answers Judy.

This is what I do know, you should have a min of 3" clearance between the top of the wheel and the bottom of the wheel well. You should get some movement in the axle when you have someone load the rear bumper and unload it (bouncing up and down). And both sides should sit about the same with an empty trailer.

The boler was designed to sit relatively low to the ground, Many have raised them so that might be what you are seeing in the pictures. I raised mine 2" like Con, because I tow with a P/U and still use a 6" drop hitch. I plan on replacing the axle at some point in the future. When I do, I'll add electric brakes.

Hope this helps,
Roy
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler